Calorie cycling..

laurenmay

Gold Member
Does anyone over here do this? It's kinda like JUDDD, but not as extreme.. Using the mifflin equation and online calorie calculators, my daily calorie allowance is 1450. So over the course of the week, I'd be consuming 10,150 calories.

Rather than have 1450kcals a day, I was considering switching it up a bit to keep my metabolism going and also keep me from getting bored! So I'd follow something like this:

MONDAY - 1200kcals.
TUESDAY - 1200kcals.
WEDNESDAY - 1500kcals.
THURSDAY - 1250kcals.
FRIDAY - 1200kcals.
SATURDAY - 2000kcals.
SUNDAY - 1800kcals.

And this would still average out to 1450kcals a day.

I'm not 100% on whether I'm gonna do this type of thing yet, but if I did I can see me able to stick to it easier as weekends are my downfall, but with higher calories on weekends I could have a little treat so long as its within my calorie allowance for the day.

Calorie cycling has good reviews and results, but some people say not to really bother until you hit a weight loss plateau and then it's handy to break the plateau. Hmmm, decisions!!

Lauren, see my reply to your thread on the JUDDD forum. :).

Had a little look into this as never heard of this before, it seems fantastic and doable. Thanks for this post I may just cycle myself, gonna do some more research

Thanks for the link

Back