calorie shifting ???

sukie sue

this is My time to shine!
hey all ,
well as you know ive struggled to loose much at all this month and in the past ive read some info on calorie shifting.
now i dont want to leave atkins or ketosis as im really wanting to eat low carb as a lifetime choice as i think for me its the way forward.
but what im wondering is how it would work if i have maybe alternate days or even a week of 2 lighter life shakes and an atkins meal to hopefully to get things shifting again, i really dont want to give up on atkins as i do think its the way forward but i need 'something' to get past this awefull stall, on the same note i dont want to go back to relying soley on shakes to loose weight as this for me is the 'easyway' out and not the way to relearn .anyway id really appreciate all youre opinions /thought on this
ta guys
sue xxxx

I've not heard of calorie shifting love, what's that then?

Morning Sue

I also haven't heard of calorie shifting. Is it where you go up or down in calories to try to jump start the weight loss?

You know that I am doing a combination of VLCD products and low carb and so far it seems to be working for me. A friend of mine got me the LL Lite book and the lady that runs her group says the average weekly loss on that is 3lbs and that's 3 LL packs and a low carb meal. I promised to scan the relevant pages for Islandbreeze actually but haven't done it yet. I will do it today and will PM them to you if you would like them.

From my own personal experience, doing this has been the best of both worlds and has meant that I am fully prepared for low carbing to continue to drop weight and as a lifestyle choice also. It also makes breakfast and lunch really easy right now!

I say you have nothing to lose (except the lbs of course ;)) by giving it a go.

Hope that helps.

I've not heard of calorie shifting love, what's that then?
it linked with the johnstons? upday downday diet , its the principle that by 'shifting ' youre calories up one day high then really low the next so that youre body doesnt become 'set' in using a certain number of calories and doesnt go into starvation mode by using too low a calories . think 'they' recon it keeps youre metabolism guessing so it doesnt get stuck or something... i dont know ill try anything not to get fed up !!!!although saying that even though my losses are very small im not getting cheesed off(excuse the pun :D) with atkins like i did with low cal because im never hungry or feeling remotely deprived.

Morning Sue

I also haven't heard of calorie shifting. Is it where you go up or down in calories to try to jump start the weight loss?

You know that I am doing a combination of VLCD products and low carb and so far it seems to be working for me. A friend of mine got me the LL Lite book and the lady that runs her group says the average weekly loss on that is 3lbs and that's 3 LL packs and a low carb meal. I promised to scan the relevant pages for Islandbreeze actually but haven't done it yet. I will do it today and will PM them to you if you would like them.

From my own personal experience, doing this has been the best of both worlds and has meant that I am fully prepared for low carbing to continue to drop weight and as a lifestyle choice also. It also makes breakfast and lunch really easy right now!

I say you have nothing to lose (except the lbs of course ;)) by giving it a go.

Hope that helps.
thanks hun ,
that would be great , can give them a read . youre so right ive nothing too loose except weight and if it doesnt work out im still on the low carb track so to speak , thanks xxx

Sukie, Sukie. Morning sweet.
Ive been doing C/D/ Atkins up untill I had my wobble GGrrrr

B. shake
L. shake/bar
D. Atkins/low carb

Lost from 1.5 - 3 pounds a week...

Like Sarah said, Give it a whirl babes

Woofy X

No problem Sue. Will get them scanned in at some point today.

That sounds like an interesting theory. There is a version of Atkins called Kimmers or something like that where you have a no carb days and just eat unprocessed meat or eggs. I think they say you can do it for 3 days and it shocks your body.

There's a fair bit of garbage out there about calorie shifting, but it can help (even though it doesn't necessarily work the way people think it works :D)

Generally, you need some days at full maintenance (or above) to get the most out of it.

Having said that, psychologically it can work really well (even if below maintenance calories) because it keeps things interesting, so people are more inclined to keep on track.

Avoid the kimmers diet as it's pretty dangerous. That was a real scam if ever there was one.

thanks so much guys ,
think ill see how friday goes and start a new week on sat morning , give it a go and see what transpires :)

Hmm - I think there might be something in it. I was on LL for 4 weeks. Lost fine the first two weeks, then didn't lose a single ounce for 2 whole weeks and then actually started to regain weight. I was in ketosis, I felt healthy, I drank plenty of water and I didn't cheat at all. Wasn't even my TOTM. Couldn't understand why I wasn't losing - still don't in fact, seems physically impossible to me. On Monday I switched to Atkins as I knew I would binge if I stayed on the LL packs having gained weight on them - my motivation was very shaky and switching seemed the safest answer. Since switching I've lost 2.75 pounds so the change over seems to have shocked my body back into losing weight. I haven't been calorie counting on Atkins and I've certainly not been pigging out on it as I was already in ketosis and not hungry but I imagine I'm eating more calories now than I was on LL. Like I say, I don't understand it but it worked for me. But that doesn't mean it will work for everyone.

Glad to hear that you have had a shift on the scales IB. Perhaps it's what you needed.

Have mailed LL Lite to both of you IB and Sukie Sue.

Glad to hear that you have had a shift on the scales IB. Perhaps it's what you needed.

Have mailed LL Lite to both of you IB and Sukie Sue.
thanks sarah ive got them
xxxur a star xxx

Back