Calories in a Propoint?

acg200587

Hi, I had a portion of hot thai chicken noodles today at a smith and jones pub and the nutritional values only tell me there was 447 cals and 6g fat so no protein or fibre amounts. I've read that it's roughly 40 cals a propoint is this correct? If so would I count this as 11 points?

Remember though, there's a reason WW no longer uses calories. They were actually originally determined simply by burning food, which obviously isn't how our body processes it. What is interesting to know, though, is that a gram of protein or carbs has 4 calories, while a gram of fat has 9 calories (not sure about fibre, sorry). But it was originally a unit of heat, to do with raising the temperature of water by 1 degree celcius. Not exactly up-to-date modern science that takes into account how our body digests food!
If you want to count calories, you're better off either just purely counting calories, or sticking with the old WW plan.

In terms of your noodles, I would be incredibly surprised if they didn't contain carbs (which is what almost all noodles are) and protein (which is what chicken is). You're better off looking in the book and trying to find a similar food and checking the pp values against that, or even trying to work out what was in it and add up it :)

Back