Calories in Propoints

Davey1984

Hi All,

Just a quick question, I have started Propoints this week and I am really worried that I am eating too much.
My Fitness Pal and the NHS website is telling me that if I want to lose weight, I need to increase my calorific intake by the following;

1lb loss a week – 2,180 calories per day.
2lb loss a week – 1,680 calories per day.

My daily Propoint allowance is 55 (I know it is a lot but then I do weigh over 18 stone!)
So assuming each PP is equal to 40 calories, I have worked out the below;

55 (Daily PP) x 40 (calories) = 2,200 calories (per day) x 7 (Days) = 15,400 (weekly calories)

49 (Weekly PP) x 40 (calories) = 1,960 (weekly calories)

15,400 (Dailies) + 1,960 (Weeklies) = 17,360 (Weekly calories)

17,360 (weekly calories) / 7 (days) = 2,480 calories per day.

Surely this is too much calories. How can I lose weight on this?

Please someone help me?

xx

Hi Davey

I know what you mean I'm currently on 48 points a day weighing in at 17 stone, that does seem quite a lot of food compared to the old system.
what I understand about the ProPoint plan it isn't just about calorie intake but many other factors and considered as well.

Im nly on day 1 lol but I'm going to stick to the plan and see if it works for me :)

jimfdowning said:
Hi Davey

I know what you mean I'm currently on 48 points a day weighing in at 17 stone, that does seem quite a lot of food compared to the old system.
what I understand about the ProPoint plan it isn't just about calorie intake but many other factors and considered as well.

Im nly on day 1 lol but I'm going to stick to the plan and see if it works for me :)

Hi thanks for your reply, it just feels like a lot because of the recommended calorie allowance from my fitness pal and the NHS but as you said the Propoints plan isn't just about calorie intake but other factors also!

I will take each day as it comes as you said.

Thank you and good luck on your weight loss journey

Hi Davey, the PP you've been allocated will take into account what you will need to have been consuming to get to your current weight, and reduce it accordingly, you can still lose weight from your current weight whilst eating more than your RDI.

However, I am on 38PP a day and that's 1520kcal a day, then factor in 7 from weekly PP and that's an average of 2,200kcal a day.

Don't forget you DON'T have to eat your weeklies. Just all your dailies. I was on 39PP last week + 49PP weeklies and about 44 AP earnt, I ate all my dailies, half of my weeklies, exercised to earn the AP and lost 9.5lbs. It will work, it's a weird science, but it will work :)

Hey Davey and Jim.. im getting use to this pro points science gaff my self and cant get me head round it also, but i guess results dont lie.. ill be keeping a eye on how you guys get on cause we seem to be the same height and similar weights.. in terms of points i personally adjusted mine down online in the settings to run a test to see how things would be different also... to have try one week on, one week off with using the weeklies

Hey Davey and Jim.. im getting use to this pro points science gaff my self and cant get me head round it also, but i guess results dont lie.. ill be keeping a eye on how you guys get on cause we seem to be the same height and similar weights.. in terms of points i personally adjusted mine down online in the settings to run a test to see how things would be different also... to have try one week on, one week off with using the weeklies

Accepted your add :D

"Lets do it!" lol

Back