Calories on 29 pro points

I just added yesterday's calories up too! It was more than 40cals per pp!

I think it depends what you eat! Like I had a microwave meal the other day which was 400 Cals (should be 10 points) when I put it on calculator it did 10 until I added the fibre, the fibre took it to 12

x_Champagne_Supernova_x said:
I'm so confused! Today i stuck perfectly to my 29pp and it added up to 2250 Calories! :-/

That's really weird! I did this last week with my 29 pps (just outta curiosity) and with all the 0pp stuff it still only added up to around 1500?? Must depend on what you eat? Mind you....yours doesn't have a lot of food for 2250 cals!!

Yep, Here it is:

1: Sunblest - Scotch Crumpet x 2 = 4
2: Tesco - Mini Cheese and Tomato Pizza = 7
3: Knorr - Curry Rice Quick Lunch = 9
4: 17 Cadburys mini eggs (spread out through the day of course!) = 9

Apparently it all added up to 2,250 Calories.. :-/

I'm afraid you're quire mistaken. I just looked for all of the foods that you have listed there and the calories only as information and I really don't know where you got that calorie count. In reality the food that you wrote down had this count:

269 (17 x cadbury mini eggs)
174 (2 x scotch crumpets)
226 (1 x tesco mini pizza)
359 (1 pack of knorr quick lunch)

for a grandtotal of only 1028 calories!!!! And this is because you had your 29 without adding any 0 points foods like fruit and vegetables. How did you manage to get as a count more than the double of what the calories really are?

Last edited:
I'm afraid you're quire mistaken. I just looked for all of the foods that you have listed there and the calories only as information and I really don't know where you got that calorie count. In reality the food that you wrote down had this count:

269 (17 x cadbury mini eggs)
174 (2 x scotch crumpets)
226 (1 x tesco mini pizza)
359 (1 pack of knorr quick lunch)

for a grandtotal of only 1028 calories!!!! And this is because you had your 29 without adding any 0 points foods like fruit and vegetables. How did you manage to get as a count more than the double of what the calories really are?

Strange - thanks for that. I got the calories from myfitnesspal - maybe i should use the actual sites in future just to be safe!

Strange - thanks for that. I got the calories from myfitnesspal - maybe i should use the actual sites in future just to be safe!

you're welcome. I checked on myfitnesspal (that was where I found the knorr rice calories by the way, as on the official website it only said the values per 100g but didn't say how many 100g were in the pack!) and although it gives a slight different count from what I have found elsewhere, it's still very similar:

From myfitnesspal:

2xscotch crumpets 178
tesco mini pizza 265
knorr curry rice 359
cadbury mini eggs pack of 18 200 (so 189 for 17)

for a grand total of only 991, if myfitnesspal was to be trusted. :eek:

last week i was checking toblerone on myfitnesspal and 4 30gr bar was 500kcal.(i knew was wrong) then 4 1 triangle 25gr was 124kcal.
CS u did well this week.
u dont like fruit or veg?
u eat so little.

Last edited:
susana78 said:
last week i was checking toblerone on myfitnesspal and 4 30gr bar was 500kcal.(i knew was wrong) then 4 1 triangle 25gr was 124kcal.
CS u did well this week.
u eat so little.

U get so many different answers on MFP it's really misleading x

susana78 said:
sorry i don't know what u mean?
what is mfp??

My Fitness pal...

you're welcome. I checked on myfitnesspal (that was where I found the knorr rice calories by the way, as on the official website it only said the values per 100g but didn't say how many 100g were in the pack!) and although it gives a slight different count from what I have found elsewhere, it's still very similar:

From myfitnesspal:

2xscotch crumpets 178
tesco mini pizza 265
knorr curry rice 359
cadbury mini eggs pack of 18 200 (so 189 for 17)

for a grand total of only 991, if myfitnesspal was to be trusted. :eek:

Yeah? In that case ive no idea where the extra calories came from!! :p

CS u did well this week.
u eat so little.

Oh i like fruit and most veg, i just eat it the day its bought! I just usually eat sweet things, so at least WW helps me control the quantity!

Remember though, there's a reason WW no longer uses calories. They were actually originally determined simply by burning food, which obviously isn't how our body processes it. What is interesting to know, though, is that a gram of protein or carbs has 4 calories, while a gram of fat has 9 calories (not sure about fibre, sorry). But it was originally a unit of heat, to do with raising the temperature of water by 1 degree celcius. Not exactly up-to-date modern science that takes into account how our body digests food!
If you want to count calories, you're better off either just purely counting calories, or sticking with the old WW plan.

I thought ww pp still uses calories in the formula?

So if calories burned, isn't how our bodies use food, how does it? What formula is better? *interested :)

Sent from my Nexus One using MiniMins

Remember though, there's a reason WW no longer uses calories.

yes, ww doesn't use calories in the formula any more, but since every nutritional value HAS got calories in them, it actually averages at around 40 calories for 1pp, so it STILL uses calories. The reason why I personally use calorie counting AND WW propoints is because I don't trust my fruit intake. I could VERY happily eat 15 apples in a day (especially my favourite Egremont Russet), followed by 2 bananas, 10 bunches of grapes, 3 pears, 4 peaches and so on... and if I had no way to control them then I wouldn't be able to keep balance in what I eat as I would be full with the fruit only and disregard everything else. By counting calories I have a target of calories and carbs and it suits me well as a controlling function to the free foods in the pp plan.

I thought ww pp still uses calories in the formula?

So if calories burned, isn't how our bodies use food, how does it? What formula is better? *interested :)

Sent from my Nexus One using MiniMins

WW doesn't use calories directly in the formula. You need to input in the calculator to get the propoints the value of proteins, carbs, fat and fibre. NO calories. However, every gram if carb, proteins, fat and fibre have got calories attached to them, so in the end propoints DO take calories into account, but they weight calories in base of the nutrients. This is because modern science has discovered that your body takes longer to break proteins than fat or carbs, so the weight PP gives to calories from proteins is lower than those for fat and carbs. Does it make better sense?

The reason why I personally use calorie counting AND WW propoints is because I don't trust my fruit intake. I could VERY happily eat 15 apples in a day (especially my favourite Egremont Russet), followed by 2 bananas, 10 bunches of grapes, 3 pears, 4 peaches and so on... and if I had no way to control them then I wouldn't be able to keep balance in what I eat as I would be full with the fruit only and disregard everything else. By counting calories I have a target of calories and carbs and it suits me well as a controlling function to the free foods in the pp plan.
Although it wasn't the original reason, this is the reason im continuing to calorie count! I actually think i'd be capable of eating the entire fruit aisle if left there alone!

I'm only starting today but will be using PP but also counting the calories in my chosen foods on an app I've downloaded just our of curiosity and to keep my fruit "snacking" under control

Back