calories!

bunny_hops

Violet is shrinking
I used my fitness pal properly last night,filled in the food diary etc...im way under on the carbs and the fat.

the calories though is confuddling me...the daily calorie allowance they set me,im way under on..so do i just ignore it and carry on the way i am (im not starving myself etc ) or do i eat at least 1200 calories like someone said? or what?....

if i was doing a tfr i wouldnt be having that many calories would i? :confused:

you wouyldnt be no... but the design of fitness pal is to encourage healthy eating and healthy weight loss (max 2lbs a week)

soooooo
that said. you can either eat less cals. but please make sure you are getting enough vits!!!!!!
and make sure you are drinking plenty... (my cup always spills over!!)

thanks Kes, going to get a multi vitamin this week, although ive probably been down on vits for years :rolleyes:

i drink 1.5litres of water a day, i have the volvic with a touch of orange and peach or strawberry..i carry the bottle everywhere with me...the whole bottle gives me an extra 300 cals...which is a good thing,cos without that im touching 900 cals a day or just under on some days :)

omg you two have really confused me now! Thank god I don't count calories only fat ;-)

Dont worry about the other figures on Fitness pal, just do cals. I suggested you use that because i dont think your eating enough. I wanted you to see how many cals you eat in a day. I keep track of my own fat intake. Dont force yourself to eat, but keep over the 1200, that is the lowest you can go. Read here
I take a multi-vitamin tablet everyday. I take it at bed time. It needs to be 2 hrs after your last dose of xenical because it needs time to be absorbed.
Also, another thing to remember, if you drop too many calories now, what do you do when you lose 5stone? You cant drop more! You'll end up eating tiny amounts. My plan is to eat 1300-1500 and keep upping my exercise to lose weight. So i am eating healthy, but exercising to lose the weight. I have a curved spine, prolapsed disc and sciatica, but can still do enough exercise to make a difference.

This week I had more calories than last and lost more weight! Last week I was eating around 1200 a day this week I have had about 1600-1700 a day. I also ate more fat this week so the xenical had more to work with.

I did about 1000 a day a few months ago when I was using slimfast. It did work and I felt oay until after about a month or so when I was really starving and couldn't sleep or concentrate on anything because I was so hungry! Most of the weight came back on and I vowed never to starve my body like that again. I'm sure not everybody who does this ends up eating chicken at 4 in the morning though!

im eating nothing over 5gs of fat per 100g and no more than 15gs per meal,with a total fat allowance of 45gs. ive got that rule and i know what im doing..but this calories thing just confuses the heck outta me ;)

if i was doing tfr i would be on a very calorie diet,and would still loose weight,that i understand.

but because im not doing tfr,the calories have to be higher...thats whats confusing..

I entered in my details on my fitness pal,im sure i did everything right and is says my calorie intake per day is 2020...yesterday i had 1335 calories in total, that was 2 shakes, my dinner,my water,yoghurt. i did have a banana but didnt add it,i forgot i had that.

so should i drop my calories down further?

im doing exercise too..should i just continue with that, and not include that with the dieting and calories?

In my opinion I think you are over confusing your diet, I would just stick to the fat rule and you will lose weight.
I tried counting calories last time I took xenical but found I was putting myself in the 'diet' bracket but with the 5g fat rule that does work you can easily adapt your eating habits for life but not over confusing things, I suppose it's what works for one is different to another but I have lost 55lbs since the end of April by just watching my fat intake. I hope this helps xx

elliebird, i see what you mean about making it simple, but if your not eating enough calories, then you'll make yourself ill and go into starvation mode. The only downside the the xenical rule is that it is good for cutting down fat, but it makes us cut down our whole food intake down. I was like 'downsizeme' above, not eating enough, but as soon as i did the weight started falling off.

A lot of xenical users count calories as well. It works in conjunction with the tablets.

I count calories too but only in a very loose sense. I visit my fitness pal once or twice a week and check up on what I have been eating so that I know I'm not going over (or under for that matter). Eating too few calories may work for you in the short term but the long term will be a different matter. Remember that those doing TFR are doing under very strictly controlled circumstances, and it is not a recommended way of eating. 1200 calories per day is as low as my fitness pal will let you go and it's like that for a reason.

KB

i use myfitness pal but i really only count the exercise calories to make sure im doing enuff exercise.. im always under teh calorie limit so i wouldnt worry too much , if your eating 3 good meals a snack or two and drinking water you will be fine xx

Back