Calories?

LucyLou

Silver Member
Hi guys,

Does anyone know the average calorie intake on weight watchers??? Or is it even done that way? I would be approx 22 points so is there a calorie limit?

Completely guessing here, but I would think that the minimum 16 points (If i've got that right) would be around 1500 calories a day, and then increase as the points increase, as if you are taller, a man, breastfeeding or weigh more, then you use more calories on a daily basis, and can therefore eat more and still lose weight. No idea if that's right but in my head that's how it works!

On the core plan it's less about the calories and more about eating foods to fill you up and keep you satisfied longer. When i've worked out how many calories i've eaten on a day on core then it can range from between 800 a day to 2000 - and I still lose weight!

Thanks for the reply Jenny. Ive been doing cambridge for a couple of weeks and Im currently on the 1000kcal plan. I was thinking of resorting to the tried and trusted ww method now as Im sick of the shakes! and wondered what the calories would be?

I think slowly but surely I am realising the only way to loose weight is the regular good food and exercise way :)

For me, i'm finding the core plan really easy to fit into my normal way of life, as it really does just focus around three good meals a day and healthy snacks. This plan feels more maintainable for me than others i've been on in the past as i know if i'm hungry i can eat more healthy foods at meal times.

I lasted a day on shakes - you deserve a medal!

One point is a maximum of 70 calories - i.e. if a food had 70 calories and no saturated fat at all, it would be one point.

However, most food does have some saturated fat and the points calculation takes that into account as well so if a food had 70 calories and 2g of sat fat, it would be 1.5 points.

So you can eat more calories and less fat or vice versa on WW.

I must say I dont really understand the core all that well. I think I would probably have to read up on it. Ive always been a points girl!

Its just so hard to know what to do. Sometimes I think about it too much (I think:D)!! Have a wedding to go to in Spain in 4 weeks. I would love to loose another 5lbs before then.

I like Core. You do have to be a three meals a day person and not a bread addict but it does mean you can eat without weighing and measuring most of the time. It's horses for courses really, isn't it?

I love bread and I think not having any at all makes it easier for me and I actually don't miss it as i'm having so much other food.

I've chopped and changed around so much in the past trying different things, trying to find short-cuts to the front of the clothes rail, but I think sensible eating and more exercise really is the simple answer - like we're always told! I figure that even if it takes a year to get the weight off then at least I won't end up a stone or two heavier in a year (which seems to be a recent pattern of mine!).

im on 23 points and put the cals beside it daily so on average i have 1565 cals in a day on 23 points thats basing it on average of a week!!

Back