Calorific intake vs exercise - help please!!

billygroat

Hi Guys...

Thought I'd drop in for a bit of advice, normally hang around in the Xenical forum.

I cant seem to get anyone to answer this question straight so I thought i'd open it up in here for discussion.

I have just had a "test" at the gym which tells me body fat percentage/metabolism rate etc.

Apparently my body needs 1600 calories a day to maintain my weight as I am lightly active.

I am eating between 12-1300 a day obviously as I am losing weight.

My BIG question is this.....

If I am eating 1300 a day then I go to the gym (which i do 4 times a week) and burn roughly 500 calories, does that reduce my calorific intake to 7-800? or am I burning calories from my fat storage (which I still have plenty of lol)

I have tried to google this, ask the gym but so far nothing.....

Thanks!!

Julie x

No the exercise cakls justr help you along, yoyu are stil allowed ell your cals, you just are burning more- witch of course is a good thing!!! X

Hi Guys...

Thought I'd drop in for a bit of advice, normally hang around in the Xenical forum.

I cant seem to get anyone to answer this question straight so I thought i'd open it up in here for discussion.

I have just had a "test" at the gym which tells me body fat percentage/metabolism rate etc.

Apparently my body needs 1600 calories a day to maintain my weight as I am lightly active.

I am eating between 12-1300 a day obviously as I am losing weight.

My BIG question is this.....

If I am eating 1300 a day then I go to the gym (which i do 4 times a week) and burn roughly 500 calories, does that reduce my calorific intake to 7-800? or am I burning calories from my fat storage (which I still have plenty of lol)

I have tried to google this, ask the gym but so far nothing.....

Thanks!!

Julie x

If the calculations don't include the additional exercise, then the gap between what you eat, and what you expend will be roughly 500 calories higher, and so you will lose slightly more weight every week. Basically, the body will need to burn some fat to replenish itself after the exercise.

However, you should also take into account the fact that exercise develops muscles, which burn more calories even when you are sleeping.

Exercise is a very good thing to do.

This is interesting!
Thank you for posting!

Back