Cambridge and Atkins together?

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by Rosebud, 17 January 2010 Social URL.

1. Rosebud

Rosebud Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I started the cambridge diet and I hate it, which is why im switching to Atkins. I wanted to know if I would stay in Ketosis if I was to have one cambridge protein shake whilst on the atkins induction?

Does anyone know!!!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. boardwitless

boardwitless Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    I think that the CD shakes are around 15g carbs each so, as Atkins induction phase is under 20g of carbs (from leafy veg), it would be hard to do. Would any of the higher CD plans work? Going up to 810 with a small meal included might suit you better rather than falling between two stools and trying to combine both types of diet without much guidance

4. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Agreed, it would be hard to stay under the 20gm if 1 shake is 15gm

5. Pheonix-Rising

Pheonix-Rising Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.14%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    This has really confused me! Ive just come from cambridge as i can no longer afford to buy the sachets every week (and feed my family), I just noticed the carb content on the sachets were really high! How did we manage to stay in ketosis with a total of 45g of carbs a day?

I want to use up the sachets else its a waste of money, so I was planning of having 2 sachets and a very low carb meal in the evening (similar to SS+ or 810)....now im totally stumped!

I'm not really worried about ketosis as I know i will lose weight as its low calories, but I am confused now! :) xx

6. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    I'm as confused as you are Alison.

7. ditzeeblonde

ditzeeblonde Call me Linzi...

Start Weight:
    21st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    10st1.5lb(47.25%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    The reason you can get into ketosis on Cd is the low calories I think ketosis hits when your under 600 cals per day... so you could have 2 shakes then an atkins style meal & should remain in ketosis if you keep your calories for that one meal low enough?? At least thats my understanding of it.

I use some protein shakes from avidlite to do a similar thing at times but these only have 1-4 carbs per shake so its much easier to stay under 20g with those... maybe an idea once you've used up your CD ones? x

8. Pheonix-Rising

Pheonix-Rising Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.14%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Ahhh I get it now, well ketosis + eating versus ketosis + not eating....I know which one I prefer! Thanks Ditzee :) x

9. girlygirl1

girlygirl1 Banned

Welcome, Rosebud.

You will probably be better off starting Atkins as we are meant to, in proper Induction, with the 20g carb limit. If your CDC won't take back your surplus packs you might be able to slot them into your week one or two at a time. I understand that you don't want to simply waste them.

Good luck!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.