Cambridge and Atkins together?

Rosebud

I started the cambridge diet and I hate it, which is why im switching to Atkins. I wanted to know if I would stay in Ketosis if I was to have one cambridge protein shake whilst on the atkins induction?

Does anyone know!!!!

I think that the CD shakes are around 15g carbs each so, as Atkins induction phase is under 20g of carbs (from leafy veg), it would be hard to do. Would any of the higher CD plans work? Going up to 810 with a small meal included might suit you better rather than falling between two stools and trying to combine both types of diet without much guidance

Agreed, it would be hard to stay under the 20gm if 1 shake is 15gm

This has really confused me! Ive just come from cambridge as i can no longer afford to buy the sachets every week (and feed my family), I just noticed the carb content on the sachets were really high! How did we manage to stay in ketosis with a total of 45g of carbs a day?

I want to use up the sachets else its a waste of money, so I was planning of having 2 sachets and a very low carb meal in the evening (similar to SS+ or 810)....now im totally stumped!

I'm not really worried about ketosis as I know i will lose weight as its low calories, but I am confused now! :) xx

I'm as confused as you are Alison.

The reason you can get into ketosis on Cd is the low calories I think ketosis hits when your under 600 cals per day... so you could have 2 shakes then an atkins style meal & should remain in ketosis if you keep your calories for that one meal low enough?? At least thats my understanding of it.

I use some protein shakes from avidlite to do a similar thing at times but these only have 1-4 carbs per shake so its much easier to stay under 20g with those... maybe an idea once you've used up your CD ones? x

Ahhh I get it now, well ketosis + eating versus ketosis + not eating....I know which one I prefer! Thanks Ditzee :) x

Welcome, Rosebud.

You will probably be better off starting Atkins as we are meant to, in proper Induction, with the 20g carb limit. If your CDC won't take back your surplus packs you might be able to slot them into your week one or two at a time. I understand that you don't want to simply waste them.

Good luck!

Back