Cambridge and Periods - Please help! (TMI)

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by Miss Louise, 16 March 2011 Social URL.

1. Miss Louise

Miss Louise Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(20.82%)
    Diet:
    The Cambridge Diet
    Hi,

I'm sorry to gross anyone out with my TMI, but I was just hoping for a bit of advice.

Before starting the CD, I had regular 28 day cycles, with no birth control.

I am in my 11th week of the CD (I am doing 12 weeks altogether), and my periods have been all over the place (26 day cycle and 30 day cycle), until yesterday, I have come on again after 21 days. It is very, very thick and dark, much darker than usual.

Is it my period or some breakthrough bleeding? It seems too early to have my period?

Do I need to come off the CD early, or does anyone think it is anything I should worry about?

Sorry for the TMI, but I don't want to bother the doctor, and I'm really bothered by this.

Thanks.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sparklychar

sparklychar Doing this for last time

Start Weight:
    16st11lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Back on Cambridge....
    I have had an early period too... which I have had from multi vitamins before... maybe its all the vits?

4. Lily

Lily Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st11.0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(6.38%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    It's one of the common side effects of doing a Very Low Calorie Diet - in fact, it's a side effect of being in ketosis, I think.

Oestrogen is stored in your fat cells, so because your body's busy burning fat, your fat cells are shrinking and letting go of their stored oestrogen - which can play havoc with periods. For some reason, it makes mine behave perfectly (never have understood why, LOL - but I end up with textbook 28 day cycles when I'm on Cambridge).

5. Layano

Layano Full Member

I am 3 weeks on ss+ my period is 4 days late and I am also suffering from constipation.
    And all these is slowing my weight lose any recommendation . Thanks

6. natalietc

natalietc Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(10.8%)
    Diet:
    exante
    Hi ya I'm doing exante vlcd and I've not had a period since Xmas eve !!!! Defs not pregnant so god knows ,I'm just dreading having one afta all this time wen it dus finally arrive

7. yummymummy27

yummymummy27 Will Be Yummy Again ;)

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8.5lb(16.98%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    Hi,

Ive been on totm since day 4 of cambridge, ive now been om totm for 20 days :( not bothered too much though! Went to Drs n he said its defo coz of the diet! Only a few more weeks of cambridge so hopefully they return to a regular cycle when I stop.

X

8. Setas

Setas Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st9lb
    Current Weight:
    17st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(10.55%)
    Diet:
    CD
    It really plays havoc with your cycle - I started off on 28 days on the dot - unheard of for me - then I had 10days on 5 off 10 back on 4 days off 10 back on 7 off 10 on again( and really horrid heavy ones) then since then its been every 30ish days.

9. Miss Louise

Miss Louise Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(20.82%)
    Diet:
    The Cambridge Diet
    Thank you ladies. That has been of much help and comfort to me. It's nice to know that I am not the only one with freak cycles!

10. dianeb

dianeb New Member

Hi i have been on the diet this is my 8th day so first weigh in this morning and i also started my period today a week early and not so nice thick horrible but it is the side effect of the diet also being in ketosis i believe x

11. standrewsbride23

standrewsbride23 Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I was coming on today to ask about periods, im on my 8th day too and period started last night (around its usual time) but today I feel really ill, sore and weak. Not hungry just really exhausted. Has anyone else felt worse than normal at TOTM when on the CD? xxx

12. Caroline_Louise

Caroline_Louise Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st6.8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0.2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.6lb(4.1%)
    Diet:
    S&S/ VLCD
    I came on yesterday over 2 weeks early and felt like arse! its not a proper one though so lucky me will probably get another one at the scheduled time :-/

13. kleuk3

kleuk3 Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st12lb
    Lost(%):
    6st4lb(34.65%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS+
    I'm on week 7 of ss and last month I had my period on time and normal length etc. Am due on like NOW....but no signs of it! Wondering if this month will come or not?! Nice to see that others have random period action whilst during CD xx

14. slim2012

slim2012 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    23st5lb
    Current Weight:
    22st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(3.98%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Mine were all over the place last time for about 4 months and then settled down :)

15. dirtyplum

dirtyplum Member

I love this forum!! I'm week 11 too and started periods after two weeks even though im on the pill!! Good to hear its a common side effect. Although I hope it doesnt happen every two weeks :(

16. FinFi

FinFi Member

Current Weight:
    12st8.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    My period arrived on week 5 when i was mid cycle and on the pill! It lasted a whole 7 days as well :-( weird thing is i had no period pains at all. Hope it doesn't happen again!!

17. chelle2010

chelle2010 Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st13lb(26.49%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I have the implant and prior to CD it was very rare, since starting CD its about every 2-3 days and lasts for about 1 week. :(

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. chelle2010

chelle2010 Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st13lb(26.49%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Lol sorry meant every 2-3 weeks not days.

20. Caroline_Louise

Caroline_Louise Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st6.8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0.2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.6lb(4.1%)
    Diet:
    S&S/ VLCD
    I am currently enjoying ny third round of totm in just over 6 weeks *sigh* It is a small price to pay i guess for how much better i look and feel but i worry that it is dangerous to cone on this much? Will spk to my cdc on weds. Must resist urge to 'google' as i will proba read something scary! Does anyone have any more info?

21. kellmo

kellmo Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(22.68%)
    I was really weak on my period too st Andrews bride. Couldn't even hold my arms above my head cps they hurt so much!!! And I had to sit down for a rest when walking the dog(??!!)

22. Lani123

Lani123 I'm a believer!

Start Weight:
    11st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(11.46%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I'm having issues, am on the pill, can normally time my periods to the hour...and now it's started almost 2 weeks early...i'm gutted (doesn't hurt too much and i'm usually doubled over in pain) i'm on day 23 of CD, I can't cope with it happening all the time. Is there anything the dr can give to stop this from happening?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.