Cambridge Bars

catb1979

2nd time's a charm!!
Hi Everyone,

I am currently on week 5 of SS and seem to be doing ok and after the initial first few days wobble, I've knuckled down and surprised myself at how good I've been. My counsellor has let me try a couple of the bars this week - which are delicious! So much easier to nibble on my 40 mile trip to work every day. She mentioned that they were slightly higher in calories. Would I be ok having one every day instead of the porridge? I am on soup and porridge at the mo as can't stand the shakes. It was great to have something to chew on and feel like a little treat.

I have one every day and it hasn't slowed my weight loss down. I find they really help me feel like I'm having real food and I look forward to my bar every evening. Cranberry & Toffee are my faves! Enjoy!

That's great news! Only had the peanut & the cranberry so far... can't wait to try the others!

Am I the only one that doesnt like the bars, i find them far to sweet and after not eating for a while then having to chew a bar i find that i get jaw lock...

I have one a day, and I love them, and soo easy to take to work, and chomp at through the day. I only eat the cranberry and peanut though, as can't stand the others.

Just drink extra water with them and you should be ok - but if you do start to have them every day and the loss starts to slow, then at least you have a good idea what caused it!

Am I the only one that doesnt like the bars, i find them far to sweet and after not eating for a while then having to chew a bar i find that i get jaw lock...

No, your not alone i don't like them either for the same reasons. I have to really force them down and i find i'm more hungry later if i have a bar as opposed to a soup/shake. I may just have one a wk from now on (if any) just for the variety and the chewing.

soup and a bar for dinner sets me up just right for the evening when I get home from work.

I have to admit that i love the choc orange and the caramel ones but can take or leave the others.

I suppose we all have different tastes..

Only lost 1lb this week. CDC says it shouldn't be the bars. Probably didn't drink enough. Still loving the bars!

i seem to find the malitol bars have given me an allergic reaction :(
has anyone experienced this? are there any ingredients which could have caused this?
thanks everyone

i cant stand the bars either, too sweet for me...and having only tried a corner of the choc orange one...i ended up with a chalky taste in my mouth for the rest of the day!
EUCH!!
Enjoy your bars hun xxx

Still having the bars and lost 8lbs this week for some unknown reason - not that I'm complaining! 4lbs to go until 3 stone loss. Trying not to obsess about it....

Back