cambridge buddies wanted please!

Hello Cambridge Buddies,

I would like to join too. I just finished my second week...one stone lost in total. I'm very pleased, but I have to admit that I am not SSing. I have been sort-of AAMing. The end of the day really goes me in. Right now, I am home with a throat bug and feel pretty lousy from the neck up. This is a real comfort seeking dilemma for me. My hubby always says, "Everyone deserves a week of self pity after the flu". I think he is right, but I have to find some other way to comfort myself without raiding the fridge or hijacking a pizza delivery boy! I have been drinking hot water (with the flavourings in) to help me be able to even speak. I sound like a knuckle-dragger for sure!

Hope you don't mind me joining in with you ladies...I can use the support. And Minime, thanks for the great idea.

Forever drinking,
texasmorning

Hi there

Can I join in too please, I am little further along the slimland journey than you but I need every bit of support I can get.

Tip of the day ~ why dont you all have a go at the mini goals at the bottom of your signature ~ they are really motivating and encouraging and its fab to tick them off one by one

Voodoo

Funny that your name is Sharon like mine and you live in/near Derby ~ your target is the same too ~ spooky

Have any of you checked out the recipes for truffles, pancakes, crisps ~ have a go you never know you might like them ~ and it certainly beat drinking liquid for ever more

i`ve only just joined today but i`d like to join you all if thats o.k
kaz xx

Shaza, yep I think we even have the lovely Ann as our CDC too! I've done the truffles, mint is ACE, no luck with crisps or popadoms or mousses, lol. Though I'll try them again when I'm ready for a change.
You have loss over 50lbs, wish I had!!!! Is that your baby or grandchild? it's hard as you get to 30+ to 40 as you never know if women are older mums (like me) or young grans (not yet please!!) Lol !! I have 3 boys, Philip 20, Gareth 6 & Aiden nearly 4.
xxxsharon

Hi sharon

Small world isnt it, its very funny how peoples lives cross. Ann is amazing !!! I am 50 in June ( oh no how did that sodding thing creep up on me he he )

Have two lovely kids son robert (30) daughter rachi (28)

Robert has two super kids so I have granddaughter millie ( 3rd birthday today she is in the picture) and a lovely new grandson finlay ( 6 months and so chubby and gorgeous)

You have a big gap between your kids ~ how is that

I am so pleased to have lost the weight but long long way to go Sharon and as I really dont like any of the CD is a bit of a struggle but I am really determined this year not to be fat and 50 he he

I will keep a beedy eye out for you ~ why dont you share my diary as we are both Sharons ???

ps off to milli's 3rd birthday party ~ barbique oh no hot dogs and birthday cake lord give me strength !!!!!!!!!

Oooh you poor thing I like most of the ones I've tried, which is unusual for me! I like the bars TOO MUCH!! 50 eh, I'd have put you at 40-ish, like me!
Ann is lovely it's great she's lost so much as I think it makles her more understanding when you need to lose more than a couple of stone.
Thanks for the invite to your diary, though I don't know where/how to access it. Whereabouts are you? I'm in Heanor, near the American Adventure, at least when it was still running, lol. Enjoy your party, don't eat TOO UCH cake...is there such a thing as too much cake? Though I prefer bbqs, especially chicken.
xxxsharon

Well I am back from bbq and didnot cheat so a big pat on the back for me tonight

I live in Sinfin near the big Asda so not tooo far from Ann, she drives out to you doesnt she. Ann told me she loves the big antique shop in Heanor that she goes to when she visits a lady.

Shame american adventure shut it was fun

Speak soon

Hi all,
Will give you all a laugh. Note to self, do not EVER submerge your electric whzzy thing in water. Got a nasty shock off mine as I was making my Delicious Shake (ahem) for lunch! For supper had to make my third Delicious Shake using the food mixer................one word......lumpy. Hope to get another whizzer tomorrow. Jeez

Hello, Minime,

I bought a Bullet! They are great for making fantastic shakes and mousses, etc. And it looks cool in the kitchen! I got mine off eBAY for about £20 plus p&p. There are many sites that sell them around £50, so do some hunting before you buy.

The only disaster so far was when I tried it with hot soup. The seal popped open from the steam, I guess, and I had soup everywhere... just like the pranks on telly. (So don't use hot water.) But the shakes are fab with lots of crushed ice. I make a mocha one with some strong coffee (50ml) then 150 ml of water and the chocolate shake (pour the mix-a-mousse into the sachet first), then 6 ice cubes. yum! The mousses are easy because you can run it for a minute to get it really mixed well, then pop into the freezer for 30 minutes. I make jelly the same way but with the flavoured drink powder and the mix-a-mousse. I guess you could also add some food colouring because it looks a little like egg white, otherwise.

I'm off to make mine for later!

tm

Hi Minimi

I got a hand blender thing with a measuring jug for around £4 from asda and that baby does the trick !!!!!!!!!!!

For all you newbys information Phyllis Husks are the magic stuff that keeps all CD users bottoms working correctly (if you get my drift) They look like the remains of Trill (budgie food) and come in a tub very light and very disgusting. Various ways to use them ie mix in your drink or crisps or pancakes. They really make a difference and as they are recommended by health freaks when you are on a detox so they will not do your inners any harm ~ very natural. When you use them though you will be all pooing like a budgie ~ what out for the perches !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep up the amazing work on your first few weeks its really worth all the effort !!!!!!!!!

Hurray, lost another 4 lbs this week, so that makes 25 off in three weeks. Am made up!!! Boredom is setting in though. Need to be extra careful this next couple of weeks as I am not seeing my CDC for a fortnight. But I am determined to keep going! OH bought me a new whizzy thing. Havent tried the make a mousse mix yet, I may get that next time I see my CDC. Tried the hot water with the vanilla shake today.....custard.yum. I am adding an extra bit of water to the mix to make it go a bit further and to lessen the slightly too intense taste of the soups. Anyone else find them a bit salty?? Have a good week everyone!!

:)

Hey Guys
I'm new to this forum, but starting CD tommorow!Ive lost a stone on weight watchers but its taken 3 months or so! Looking forward to a more rapid weightloss :) Can I join you guys too?

Anita xxx

Well I have had a crap weekend I ate a curry :mad: I didnt even feel hungry I dont know why i did it I also had a sausage I dont know whats wrong with me I am such a n idiot so now I am out of ketosis and since Friday i have out on 2lbs :( but it my own fault! So I am starting again today and as I feel so shitty I hope that this weekend will be a deterant for me anyway I started swimming this morning I managed 20 lenghts and I have had 3 ltrs this morning so hopefully wont be too long before I am back in ketosis!

Hope everyone else is doing ok and resisting in this lovely weather :)

Can'twaitforthesize14, do you have a shorter name, lol? I too went bonkers this week-end, TOTM came..oooops. I ate 4 tiny sweet waffles, a steak burger (had a bbq Sunday) ham cob AND 5/6ths of a bottle of rose wine:break_diet: !!!! WHY AM I SO STUPID & GREEDY? According to scales I'm UP 5lbs!!!!!! :eek: At least you're not alone, ;) lol. I'm back to SS & drinking TONS of water, if I GAIN hubby won't pay for my CD :mad: so I'm praying for a small loss or staying the same. I THINK/HOPE if we get back STRAIGHT AWAY there WON'T be any GAINS. Here's to WATER & SS, lol. Are you getting back into it ok?xxxxx
Shazza well done for being a diet ANGEL:) , how did GD like her party? Did she get all excited? It's odd but I've only been in the Antiques place once, before it was extended but I have two small boys & it would be too scary to go there with them;) !xxxx
xxxxsharon

Hi all,

Sorry you found it tough this weekend and cheated, dont dwell on it just pick yourself up brush yourself down and start all over again he he
Didnot cheat I was so pleased with my self but found it very very hard
Sharon

Millie loved her party we had a barbique (lovely evening for a very fat starving Nanna he he) but we had a lovely night. I wish I could just enjoy my friends and families company without wanting to fill my face all the time !!!!!!!!

I have never been to the Heanor antique place either ~ I have not long gone down to 3 days at work due to ill health so I really have to try and watch the pennies nowadays

Be good and if you cant gaffa tape on the mouth might do it he he then again watch out hubby might like it !!!!!!

:sigh: Well I have drunk 4 ltrs so far and have been on the toilet non stop (sorry) I now have a pain in my kidney but haho will stp me cheating again!

I had my third weigh in a day early yesterday and even with the cheating i have lost 5 3/4 pounds this week so 27 in total in three weeks and I am back in ketosis so I am really happy :D

Back