cambridge buddies wanted please!

Ooooh OICWFTS14, I'M SO JEALOUS!!!! Maybe the curry 'hotted' you up & got your metabolism into hyperdrive?lol WTG I'd be happy with staying the same! I'm weighing in a day early too and at NIGHT instead of the morning, gulp! Think of me tomorrow night!xxxxx
I walked an hour FAST yesterday AND mowed the lawn for an hour too, it's really a steep slope & the mower is really heavy too so I hope I worked some FAT off!!!
Good luck with weigh-ins girlsxxxx
xxxsharon

Voodoo thats brilliant! 2 hours excise in one day is amazing I nearly died after 20 minutes swimming! I am sure it will effect your weight lose ! Good luck for tomorrow night x

Hi folks

I'm still here, just lurking at the moment. My little slip 2 weeks ago turned into a massive slip and I haven't been able to drag myself back on track yet. I don't know what my problem is. I love the shakes, Muffins, etc so can't even use that as an excuse. I've got 5 months and 3 days until my hols...so need to move my bum!

Every morning I say 'right, today's the day' then have toast for breakfast. I need to re-start tomorrow, totm is due any day and this is making it worse for me as I'm crippled with tummy ache. Part of me thinks should I start on Sat/Sun and give myself a few days breather....or am I just fooling myself by doing that?

HELP!! I'm really mad with myself.

Glad to see everyone's getting on so well. You're all really inspiring.

Love Frumpster.x.

Hello,

Just wondering if i join you ladies :) My name is Bekie and i am from Derby i start CD soon i have my first appointment with Ann my CDC tomorrow which i am really excited about! Cant wait to get started. I have a lot to lose really.. So far through eating healthy since before xmas i have lost 23lbs but have been really ill this last week with tonsilitis so am sure i'll have gained since then :rolleyes: i have about 130lbs to lose but my first goal is to be just overweight instead of morbidly obese.. which is around 84lbs :eek:

Looking forward to getting to know you all and starting CD too xxx

Bekie

Beckie, I think we have the same cdc, is she coming after you've finished work? I know she's got a new lady starting tomorrow evening & is coming to me afterwards. (I live in Heanor) Ann's lovely & has lost LOADS so she understands how difficult losing HALF your bodyweight can be, that's if it's the same Ann, lol. Feel free to tell us about yourself.xxxxxx
Shazza, yep, hubby probably would like the gaffer tape, but just to shut me up, lol! I'm much better today, staying TOTALLY On Plan & drinking tons of water, then RUNNING to the loo, lol. xxxx
xxxsharon

Welcome Bexie hope all goes well with your first appointment

Beckie, I think we have the same cdc, is she coming after you've finished work? I know she's got a new lady starting tomorrow evening & is coming to me afterwards. (I live in Heanor) Ann's lovely & has lost LOADS so she understands how difficult losing HALF your bodyweight can be, that's if it's the same Ann, lol. Feel free to tell us about yourself.xxxxxx

xxxsharon

I'm pretty sure its the same CDC! I'm going to her in the morning if i dont get lost lol!! Will be catching the bus as i dont drive at the minute it could be fun getting there lol :D:D:D

About me.... well not too much to say really.. I'm 23 and have done CD before with another CDC who has now left, i didn't get on well with it because i was so addicted to food and i didnt have a really good motivator to do it! Now i do... My DH and i have been married for 4 years (anniversary yesterday! :D ) and want to start a family we had been trying for 2 years when i fell pregnant but sadly lost bump at 8 weeks, after that we continued trying and then last year DH found a lump :( he had an op to remove it and check for cancer, in April 06 he was diagnosed with testicular cancer and it had spread to his lymph nodes :( He had chemo until August and then was given the all clear :eek: Until January this year when his scans showed his lymph nodes swelling again... Cancer was ruled out but they still needed to be removed so he had a major op a month ago to remove them. He is doing well but the op ruined any chance we had of concieving naturally, so we need to have ICSI/IVF but we cant have that til my bmi is below 30 :( So this is why i am back and ready to go so that hopefully by the end of the year i can start making appointments at clinics to start treatment so we can finally have our family :eek::)

A long story huh? Sorry about that lol I do know how to ramble lol :D :D Its a skill

So looking forward to starting though i want to feel like i am making the effort and getting somewhere :D

Bekie

Bless you Bekie, and best of flipping luck with this diet. It is the best one I have ever done, and I am sure you have the motivation to do it with such a target. Keep us all posted, and good luck again for tomorrow

I'm pretty sure its the same CDC! I'm going to her in the morning if i dont get lost lol!! Will be catching the bus as i dont drive at the minute it could be fun getting there lol :D:D:D

About me.... well not too much to say really.. I'm 23 and have done CD before with another CDC who has now left, i didn't get on well with it because i was so addicted to food and i didnt have a really good motivator to do it! Now i do... My DH and i have been married for 4 years (anniversary yesterday! :D ) and want to start a family we had been trying for 2 years when i fell pregnant but sadly lost bump at 8 weeks, after that we continued trying and then last year DH found a lump :( he had an op to remove it and check for cancer, in April 06 he was diagnosed with testicular cancer and it had spread to his lymph nodes :( He had chemo until August and then was given the all clear :eek: Until January this year when his scans showed his lymph nodes swelling again... Cancer was ruled out but they still needed to be removed so he had a major op a month ago to remove them. He is doing well but the op ruined any chance we had of concieving naturally, so we need to have ICSI/IVF but we cant have that til my bmi is below 30 :( So this is why i am back and ready to go so that hopefully by the end of the year i can start making appointments at clinics to start treatment so we can finally have our family :eek::)

A long story huh? Sorry about that lol I do know how to ramble lol :D :D Its a skill

So looking forward to starting though i want to feel like i am making the effort and getting somewhere :D

Bekie

Well that story makes me want to be at your side each day keeping you on track......what a great reason!

Best of luck to you i hope the diet goes well and so does the IVF :)

I'm quite new to this forum and this thread but hope you will all accept me to join in :cool:

Hi ya Becky

Your story is amazing and I love your attitude to loose the weight, your baby will be a little miracle and the hard work to loose the weight will be worth every second when you hold your child

I too go to the lovely Ann and she is so supportive especially when you have alot of weight to loose ~ whatever you ask her or however you are feeling she has experienced it herself so she can empathise with you totally

Keep posting and you will get all the support you need and whats a few months out of you life to loose you weight ??

I am ready to be slim ~ how about you ???

Well becky your story puts a lot into perspective what a terrible time you and your DH have had lets hope this is the start of a super time a head good luck with the diet if you are determined to do it you will we are all here for you if you need support x

Thnak you for your replies, things haven't been easy but thankfully its looing like the worst is over and we are taking the stance that things can only get better :) Hopefully this diet will be the new start for me that i need and will lead to all the things i want :):)

You all have been really supportive, i am definitely feeling good about starting this, i really feel i can do it.

Am off to see my CDC this morning and it looks like i might not have to wait until Monday got up feeling loads better this morning so hopefully the Tonsillitis is on its way out :D:D

How is everyone else doing?

Bekie

WTG Bekie, what better reason to lose weight than for a baby?;) I have two young sons & believe me you need all your energy chasing after them! At least doing it NOW saves you the struggle afterwards, you'll be a 'yummy mummy' in no time!!!! :) I hope your hubby gets better soon & all the results are GOOD.xxxxx
I'm DREADING my weigh-in, :sigh: it's at night, instead of the morning AND a day earlier!! TOTM is here & I feel TOTALLY bloated & VILE.:mad: I'm praying there's no gain! Anyone had their weigh-ins changed like mine & was there much difference in the scales?
xxxxsharon

Cant answer your qustion Sharon but i do hope that Wi goes well hopefully the evil totm doesn't get in the way but i know what you mean about it making you feel bloated and Vile, i hate it :mad:

Good luck and i hope it goes well xxx

Have you seen Ann yet Bekie & did you manage to find her ok? I went to see her over Easter for a change, we were on our way to a day out, we got TOTALLY lost, lol hubby was furious, even though he SAID he knew where we were going! We drove around for an hour, even though I'd rung up for directions, hope, if you've not been yet, that you find her ok!!lol & if you have been how did it go?xxxxx
xxxsharon

I managed ok, i caught the bus from town to the city hospital and then walked from there which was fairly easy :D Have been weighed and measured and had my photo taken :D Picked up my foodpacks and will be starting Friday :D

Said earlier i was excited about a Wi lol sounds mad but i really cant wait :D

Ann is lovely too she was so nice and kind felt really comfortable from the start :D

Hi everyone!

I've been lurking this week - too busy with work for chatting - Hummph!!

I was soooooo good last week - no cheating at all and I only lost 1lb. I have no idea what that's all about - I exercised, drank my water, didn't cheat, wasn't TOTM, didn't lose inches so am a bit bemused and frustrated.

However, I have still lost nearly 30lbs in 6 weeks so I need to try to look at the big picture and hope for a better loss this week!!

Sharon - you've mentioned pancakes in your posts and I'm intrigued! I've never seen a pancake recipe - can you tell me how, or point me in the right direction? I can't seem to make crisps so if it's done like that then I'll be a disaster too I imagine!

How's everyone else getting on?

Ellie did u mean me or Shazza? I don't know ANYTHING about pancakes!lol truffles I know ALL about!!xxxxx
Weigh-in went CR*P!!! I 'seem' to have put a pound ON!!!!! But today, at my usual weigh-in day & time I'm DOWN a pound from last week! I don't know whether TOTM, a later weigh-in (8pm instead of 11am) & being constipated affected me. Any ideas? Am I deluding myself or what?
xxxxxsharon

Hi Ellie

Shazza here and I mentioned the pancakes, Ann (westhills) gave me the recipe but I think they are disgusting

Make the mix the same as the crisps and poor it on the paper stuff in the microwave and cook for 8 - 10 minutes I hated it see how you go

Just made some jelly and it was really delicous and very filling

Very cold water 200 ml, one spoon of the berry waterflavouring stuff, 2-3 spoons of Husks, 1 spoon of the mix a mousse ~ wiz it and put it in fridge

It looks a bit insepid but tastes really delious

See how you go

HAve exciting news! Am now 15 131/4! This beats the CR%p out of the 18 2 3/4 I was on March 19th. Loving this diet! Also been chucking a strong coffee in with mu choc shake in the morning. Yummy

Back