Cambridge Buddy August 2012

Morning all,
Day 6 and having a down day I guess... Yesterday only managed to meals.. As I really didn't feel hungry at all. Today I really don't feel as I've lost any weight all clothes still feel the same and body shape really hasn't changed.. I no its not going to be a major change but thought I'd feel different....
Any advice would be grateful.

Hi
Happy h... Yes I no what you mean about the teeth.. I have that too and sometimes my tongue feels tight lol attractive NOT!!!

Hi Klw,

When is your next weigh in?

Remember you have to keep up the three sachets a day because it has all the vitamins and nutrients you need. Also you body will start to think you are starving yourself if you don't have all three, and will start storing whatever you put in rather than burning it up. And we certainly don't want the body to store anything!

The first week is always gonna be hard, your body is adapting. Although you may not feel any change, you will see change on the scales and in inches when you go to see your consultant. Try not to think about it too much. Distract yourself with a hoby or work or something. I promise you once you get on the scales at your weigh in it'll all be worth it!

Remember to keep your water up, it's very important. 3 litres a day! X

Hi lucyo
My first weighing is on Monday as my CBC is on holiday. This is we're I struggle with the 3litres of water.. I'm getting threw 3-4 75cl bottles of water, I no the more you drink it's flushing you out but do struggle.

It is very much a struggle at first, but as with everything else it becomes normal once you get into the routine.

To make the water intake abit more exciting I mix between still water and fizzy water. Before starting this diet I hated plain water, struggled to drink one glass a day.. My consultant introduced me to the water flavourings (sunshine orange and summer berries £7.50) per pot. It's a powder you add to your water. Makes it a lot easier to drink if I'm honest. Especially the orange in fizzy water, tastes like orange tango! X

Lucyo...
I heard of this for the water, but heard you were not allowed to have it in the 1st 2 weeks.. Do u no if this is true?
Thanks fr your advice as well.

It says in the book that it's not advised, but my consultant said it was absolutely fine and let me buy both of the flavourings.

I think it's all okay as long as you try plain water as well. I have 3 pints of plain water and 3 pints of flavoured water a day.. I've lost 16.5lbs so it hasn't done me any harm! It really helps make the water intake more bearable x

Fizzy water is my saviour as it has its own flavour. Will maybe get a flavouring next week as it does become tedious after a while. I find if I refill my glass as soon as I finish it, then I drink a lot more. It's so easy to forget to drink if there's nothing in front of you.

If only there was an easy solution to the number of toilet trips!!

Yeah the powder is white and makes the water turn to a cloudy white ish colour.

How much water are you adding the teaspoon to? They recommend a teaspoon per litre, however I probably put a 3/4 of a teaspoon to a pint just to increase the taste. Also give it a massive stir to avoid clumps x

Hi KLW - how you doing? - been away on business for a couple of days - so just seen your thread on the flavourings. Thought i'd just say from early posts i think you said you found the shakes sweet - a word of warning the water flavourings are really really strong. So you may want to ask your councilor if you can try a sample before you buy (ie im sure she would make up a small glass for you to taste).

My councilor recommended Bouillon powder as an alternative to the vegatable one (only need a small amount and cheaper) - may be worth a try to go savoury rather than sweet.

Fizzy water is my saviour as it has its own flavour. Will maybe get a flavouring next week as it does become tedious after a while. I find if I refill my glass as soon as I finish it, then I drink a lot more. It's so easy to forget to drink if there's nothing in front of you.

If only there was an easy solution to the number of toilet trips!!

Im glad someone else is in the same boat as me re the toilet trips - have to say within minutes of going i feel like i want to go again! :eek: A bit embarrasing when at work or in a meeting.

Also very very tiring at night - must go 8 or 9 times when i should be in dreamland. Am sure them dark circles under the eye will make me look like a panda soon! (and i don't mean cute!)

Hi third time.. How was it while you away? Yeah a couple of the shakes were very sweet.. Luckily know I think I no what ones I like and what I don't... Well fingers crossed. Well the flavouring my CBC gave me a little to take away and try and yes it certainly is sweet so I just placed a tiny amount in it just to take the edge off the water..

Hello Klw - Glad you like the flavourings it may make drinking more fluid easier for you.

Being away on business is good for me - as i work long hours wnen away - so no time to think about food! Don't travel light though.... take a full size blender and a picnic box full of water as well as my lap top and over night bags! :D

Yeah guess you have to take things with you... Glad it went well for you. Thank god the water is going down well now.. If find that I'm pushing meal 3 in as full up lol

Being fulls a good sign - helps with the food demons.
How tall are you im 5ft 9 so have to have four shakes a day rather than three. Sometimes double up the porrige so that its only three meals though

Oh I'm 5.5.. Have you tried the bars at all yet? I'm doing the ss+ so can have a meal if need be. Was out today and had to grab a pack of turkey too eat..

I'm 5 foot 9 too. Have you set any goals yet? Ultimately I want to get my bmi into the normal range, but I've been overweight for so long that I don't know how I'll look or feel when I get there. Initially aiming for 12 stone, that'll be a major achievement in itself!

Hi,
Just finished day 3 and don't feel too bad. Looking forward to all the good things which are supposed to happen from day 4 onwards.

Haven't felt hungry yet, but miss picking on things, especially at work. Suppose that's one of the things which got me into this position in the first place!!

I must write myself a list of things to do when I would normally be preparing food. These days meal times are over far too quickly.

How are you doing?

Back