cambridge diet and periods...?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by mils, 22 May 2007 Social URL.

1. mils

mils Full Member

Hi,

Before I started on SS my period had increased from being every 28 days to every 35 days approx.

Anyway I've lost approx 17lbs since 01 May and on a 35 day cycle would be due my period next Wednesday but it has started today - which would mean my cycle is now 28 days.

Could it be that this weight loss has made my cylce shorter - I know that as I lose weight I will become more fertile but I wasn't sure if weight can have an effect on the length of your cylce.

Any advice would be welcome...

Thanks
    xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Wanttobeslim

Wanttobeslim I will do it!!

Diet:
    LighterLife
    Mils,

I am in the process of swapping from LL to CD having lost over 2 stone in the last 8 weeks. All I can tell you is that having not really had a cycle previously due to PCOS, I have had 2 periods since starting LL. They say that 10% loss of your total body weight is enough to kick start your system. Sounds very much like you are going to go back to a normal 28 day cycle.

Good Luck

4. Fuzzys Angel

Fuzzys Angel The Lovely James Hetfield

Diet:
    Cambridge
    These VLCD's really do mess with your periods, when i first started LL (since swapped to cd), my periods were all over the place. Infact it was driving me mad i'd be on for 1 week off for a couple of days back on for 2 weeks & so on, they've now settled back down (sorry boys)....But it is quite normal

xxx

5. kazbro

kazbro jelly belly

Start Weight:
    20st5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(11.58%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    i know people who find there auntie flows much more in a proper cycle to before starting the cd

have to say i`ve always been every 28days since the day i started, even being obese it didn`t affect my cycle
    we`re all different
    does sound like your cycle is changing to anormal 28 days one

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.