Cambridge diet bars

Traceyx

I am on week 3 of the Cambridge Diet and the shakes I have really enjoyed. This is the first week of having bars, but feel that they have a really funny taste?? does anyone else taste it?? I have tried the chocolate orange and peanut one.......have lemon yoghurt and chocolate mint left this week, as I only took 4 bars this week...............anyone tried any other ones that haven't got that taste...........pls help.....

I only buy 2 lemon bars as I fear I'd eat them all in 1 day :() they're delicious with a cup of tea. I didn't rate the chocolate mint - malt toffee & cranberry are nice - but lemon is in a different league lol. I aim for 4 a wk only.

I can only eat the crunchy bars (rather than the malt ones), I love the cranberry, peanut and lemon. Can't stand any of the others though as I think they have a strange taste, but looking at your list you have a mix of crunchy and malt so I am not sure what taste it is. Though I guess it is the same as a lot of Cambridge, your taste buds adapt and change.

They are most definitely an acquired taste. Unfortunately they're never going to taste like our favourite chocolate bars. ;)

You'll probably find there are some you like better than others. I tend to stick to lemon bars, choc orange and cranberry. Really couldn't hack the taste of the caramel one and I'm certainly not fond of the all chocolate one. Mint ones taste okay but I find them similar to minty flavoured cardboard. :)

Oh, and I have a bar every day for lunch. :)

I used to have the malt toffee one as only one I liked. Then I tried the lemon one.. Which is amazing!!! Since then I can't eat the toffee one as just tastes funny now! So I only have lemon bars, and only a few each week! But then I live on choc tetras

I love all of the bars apart from peanut! Lemon is def my fave but it has the highest calorie content of all of them!

Bizarrely I only loved the crunchy ones the first time I cambridged but living the chewy ones now!

I always thought that the tetras had a funny taste when I first started though!

Hi

I do think your taste buds change,I used to love choc mint bars but now they taste awful, I am the same with tom soup was one of my faves, had one last night and was nearly gagging!!

I have ordered somelemon ones for mon as havent tried them yet! I have a bar for my dinner everyday, just easy in work as Idont like the tetras! xx

Luckily my consultant lets me exchange ones that I do not like and I bought 7 over, so if I don't like one, I can save the other ones I have bought and exchange them the next week and have one I like in my collection. I know that I am in ketosis, so may be that is why everything tastes funny to me at the minute. I suppose it is trial and error and may take me at least 6 weeks to know which bars/shakes/soups I like.

Haven't tried the Cranberry one yet, so may get one of those next week. I have started a little list of all the Cambridge products and put down what I dislike and like etc, so that I don't forget when I go for my weigh in :) Onwards and upwards.

I don't like the malt/chewy ones at all bleugh!!!

The cranberry is my absolute favourite and the lemon one is nice too. I've restarted this week and I'm finding it a little hard without my bars as I only like the choc mint shakes! I may start them next week if I feel like I'm going to cheat or something

I love the malt/chewy ones! I tried the choc mint bar but it tasted of minty cardboard... Sometimes I microwave the bar for 8 secs and its like a warm gooey brownie mess of deliciousness lol!!!

Love the choc chewy! Mmmmm not a fan of much else, lemon are nice tho x

This time around I've only had the lemon yoghurt bars which I do like. Also tried my first orange one today which I won't be having again, sticks to my mouth and not awful but not great! I have sensitive gums and find when I eat certain things such as chocolate bars and any kind of 'diet' bars I always get that horrible sensitive feeling on one side of my mouth - definitely worse with the chewy ones!

MrsP, is there a bar called choc chew?? or is that just the chewy choc one?? I am writing down which bars I like so that when I go on Monday for my weigh in, I can get the ones I like. Loads say about the Cranberry ones too........maybe I will have to pick one up of each and buy an extra 7 shakes, so that if I don't like them, I can always have a shake, that way I can cross out the ones I defo don't like....
Cranberrie, stick to what you like and what does not interfere with your gums :) good luck

It's the chocolate chewy! It's lush reminds me of a mars bar. X

Hello ladies :)

Day 4 complete here, and I get to buy the bars on Sunday when I go pick up my next batch of fat busting nomness. I'm totally excited about getting them as I'm missing chewing things right now. They will no doubt be a huge bonus to just chuck in your bag for work. Should be fun!

Good luck all!

Aww good luck Martyn :) Enjoy your bars :) I don't like all of them, but my consultant does let me exchange them the next week, so I bought 7 shakes over my normal lot, so that I if I did not like a shake/bar, I could still have a shake that I liked. I am writing down which ones I like, so when I go on Monday for my weigh-in, I will be able to buy the ones I really like and have a better week next week.

Back