Cambridge diet buddy?

charlieann01 said:
I'm starting to lose my faith in this now. I sneakily weighed myself and I've gained a pound? Even tho I've stuck to it 100% :-( how on earth can I be gaining when I'm starving lol

I don't know how these people lose 4 stone in a few months??? Anyone else doubting the diet??
Xxxx

Hey Charlie, your doing so well babe, don't get down! Some days can be so hard!

Could it be your totm? Are you drinking enough water?

I have no idea how some people lose 4 stone in 12 weeks though, my losses seem low but I'm hoping for a good week this week...

I know how hard it is babe, but if you can keep going I bet you'll be fine and your losses will improve xxx

Hello!

Try not to lose heart although I know it's difficult . I started SS ing in July weighing 12 stone 4 and a size 16. I lost over two stone in 8 weeks and used calorie counting to get rid of the rest and am currently 9 stone 4 and a size 8.

My tips would be to try not to scale hop. Also remember that providing you stick to it, your losses WILL even put at a stone a month , give or take. And no need to drink gallons of water. Bang on the 2 litres is fine - any more just places strain on the kidneys and your body starts to retain it.

Also know when to come off the diet . Studies show that after the first few weeks of a VLCD there is no difference in weight loss between eating 400 calories a day and 800 calories . When I stopped CD after 8 weeks , weighing 10 stone 5, I lost a further 15lbs by calorie counting.

So , all in all , it took me 3 months to lose 3 stone , give or take. Trust in the process , don't cheat , and it works

Wow that's what I want to weigh !! Good tips. Ok I'm going to try harder lol did you do much exercise?? I go for an hour walk every day is that enough? Xxx

GretaGrip said:
Hello!

Try not to lose heart although I know it's difficult . I started SS ing in July weighing 12 stone 4 and a size 16. I lost over two stone in 8 weeks and used calorie counting to get rid of the rest and am currently 9 stone 4 and a size 8.

My tips would be to try not to scale hop. Also remember that providing you stick to it, your losses WILL even put at a stone a month , give or take. And no need to drink gallons of water. Bang on the 2 litres is fine - any more just places strain on the kidneys and your body starts to retain it.

Also know when to come off the diet . Studies show that after the first few weeks of a VLCD there is no difference in weight loss between eating 400 calories a day and 800 calories . When I stopped CD after 8 weeks , weighing 10 stone 5, I lost a further 15lbs by calorie counting.

So , all in all , it took me 3 months to lose 3 stone , give or take. Trust in the process , don't cheat , and it works

Hi greta, your story is very inspiring... I've seen your diary and you are doing so amazing... Well done you! I'm also hoping for at least 3 stone in 3 months and sometimes the scales don't seem to going quite right, but then I see other people lose in little bits and big bits so I'm just going to try and keep plodding along... Only 7 more weeks till I've done my 12! :-\

Thanks guys I know I can do it I just need to be more strict. Sarajane ive been so tempted to go onto Atkins as it does work and i've done it before but I found I felt really ill even taking multivitamins as you're not getting the right amount of nutrients etc. My sister lost her weight on Atkins too and didn't have any side-effects like I had so if you're feeling good on it you go girl!! 3 Stone in 3 months is my goal too guys and like Tomnkatesmum i'm a good way in now on week number 4. According to my home scales i've already lost 3lb since friday so if I can get another 1 or 2 off by weigh in on thurs i'll be over the moon! That'll be just under a stone in a month and if I hadn't had my naughty week I'd be over target this month. It does work...so many people are proof for us xxxxxxx

No need to do any exercise. It's only beneficial when you are close to target . The key thing is to get the food intake etc under control. That is what drops the weight. To use me as an example - I considered it pointless to do sit ups at 12 or 13 stone ... To do what ? Tone up fat? Far better to wait until you are within a stone of your target.

And I had many times when the scales didn't move. However when I look back on my losses I always did a stone a month - more or less.

The hardest thing is no cheating. So no mouthfuls of chicken or cottage cheese that you then kid yourself won't matter. They probably won't but I'm a believer in getting the whole torturous job done so I stuck with it . We shall gloss over the eating binge I went on in week 2 : )

GretaGrip said:
No need to do any exercise. It's only beneficial when you are close to target . The key thing is to get the food intake etc under control. That is what drops the weight. To use me as an example - I considered it pointless to do sit ups at 12 or 13 stone ... To do what ? Tone up fat? Far better to wait until you are within a stone of your target.

Lol! Tone up the fat! So right, I just want to lose the blubber! I will worry when I'm close to goal, sadly still a way off, but I've been 100% ss for 5 weeks, I'm sure it can't get any worse!

Had to watch the family have massive Carvery and chocolate fudge cake yesterday and still just drank my water... Hopefully the next 7 weeks will fly by and I will lose the promised stone a month...

weddingbelle said:
Thanks guys I know I can do it I just need to be more strict. Sarajane ive been so tempted to go onto Atkins as it does work and i've done it before but I found I felt really ill even taking multivitamins as you're not getting the right amount of nutrients etc. My sister lost her weight on Atkins too and didn't have any side-effects like I had so if you're feeling good on it you go girl!! 3 Stone in 3 months is my goal too guys and like Tomnkatesmum i'm a good way in now on week number 4. According to my home scales i've already lost 3lb since friday so if I can get another 1 or 2 off by weigh in on thurs i'll be over the moon! That'll be just under a stone in a month and if I hadn't had my naughty week I'd be over target this month. It does work...so many people are proof for us xxxxxxx

Yeah it does work Belle and your doing good... Keep at it and you'll have a great weigh in on Thursday!

Ok now I'm feeling really good!!! :) come on we can do this! Lol without this site and support of you girls I would have given up! I'm going to stick at it and hopefully ill have a loss next week xxxxx thank u girls ur keeping me on track!! Xxxx

charlieann01 said:
Ok now I'm feeling really good!!! :) come on we can do this! Lol without this site and support of you girls I would have given up! I'm going to stick at it and hopefully ill have a loss next week xxxxx thank u girls ur keeping me on track!! Xxxx

Well that's what this forum is for, to keep us going when we feel down...glad your feeling happier hun... I'm sure we'll all do well... Go us! Xxx

What time are weigh ins today girls? xxxx

I'm weighing in today at 6pm..... feeling hugely nervous and hugely excited!!! =0)

I'll let you guys know how i do once im home and got my brats to bed! fingers crossed! =0)

Thanks Charlie, yeah I'm pleased, I've now lost 20 pounds and 3 quarters of a pound! I'm so close to my done and a half.. But oh well, next week now... Love having a decent loss, makes you really want to carry on!

How you feeling for tomorrow? Xx

Excellent loss well done hunni! :clap::clap: xxxxx
Charlieann are you going by your home scales? water really is the key to the loss on the scales but make sure they check your inches too xxxxx

tomnkatesmum don't forget to update your stats!! xxxx

Feeling bad about weight loss tomorrow, yer using home scales I just can't help it :p but my inch loss is good, lost 4 inches off belly, 3 1/2 off thighs, 1 inch off arms and 2 inches off hips but why doesn't it show on the scales? Frustrating!!

I've been drinking more water today to try flush me out a bit xxxx

Back