Cambridge diet buddy?

My first day was horrible - really hungry and major headaches - but expected as was eating soooo much before :-( - by day 3 things were much better and my hunger had gone and my energy levels much better. I so look forward to my planned foods and am being really good :) . I've told a few people I'm on this diet as have tried loads before but I find the negativity quiet astounding really - easpecially as I'm obese and surely any diet that can help and work is a good thing? Anyway I feel good and positive and looking forward to week 2. I also like all the products do far ... Even the porridge, which I find really filling. Good luck to all!

Sitting here at this very moment and my husband is eating a takeaway and it smells gorgeous. Am now sipping a glass of flavoured water to take my mind off how good it smells. This has to be the biggest temptation of all, I'm a sucker for takeaways :(

I'm listening to music and drinking my water to keep my mind off it and he's virtually finished now. I'm actually proud of the willpower I've got before I would have buckled straight away and dived into hubby's takeaway and started eating the chips. Husbands are so inconsiderate lol!

Wow well done in your 9lbs that's amazing!! I'm on day 7 (WI is on Sunday) feeling a little down because Fridays and saturdays are my hubby and I's date night :( We've only been married for 4 months so its all still pretty new and exciting for the both of us. I hope this diet doesn't affect our social life too much. On the plus side he's being a sweetheart about everything and we're just spending some quality time together, at home.

I seriously can't wait until Sunday so I can get me some bars!! Having 3 ice cold shakes a day, in this weather is not fun.

How are you all doing?

Last edited:
Helpppp helpppp please I have completely fallen off the wagon have eaten everything in sight today and I feel really bad about it now. Just cant seem to get focused this time any help advice and tips greatly appreciated x ps feel so down now as I have been soo bad x

Helpppp helpppp please I have completely fallen off the wagon have eaten everything in sight today and I feel really bad about it now. Just cant seem to get focused this time any help advice and tips greatly appreciated x ps feel so down now as I have been soo bad x

:hug99: Been there, got the t-shirt. In several sizes. :rolleyes: It's always devilishly difficult to get back on this diet after a break. And I think the reason for this is that we know that when we do get back on track we'll lose pounds quickly. So our minds play tricks and tell us it's ok to eat today cos tomorrow we'll get it right. Or hey, maybe the next day. Well, soon anyway...

Treat your next restart like the first time. Get that enthusiasm back for sticking to the plan - having nothing else. Concentrate on getting your water in, avoid bars for the first couple of weeks, don't nibble on chicken - remember that determination you had? You can get it back!

Now, stop duffing yourself up for what's already done and think about when you're going to get started again. If you're ready, that can be tomorrow if you like!

Great advice Lily. And I know it's easier said than done but self pity or self denigration are the worst things to do right now. There were factors that made you make the choice to eat what you ate, but you can now make the choice to continue in your goals. You are not a victim, and you are not bad or useless either. You are the only person in control of what goes into your body, I find it refreshing when I remind myself of this.

Lily mentioned the diet playing tricks and making you think you can eat loads and lose tomorrow or the next day or the next - this reminded me very much of what happened to me when, having maintained for 9months and being a lovely size 8-10, I had just one binge. It's because I told myself I would lose weight again the next day and the days kept rolling on, that I ended up now gaining 1st7. Forget that time wasting mindset, take control and remember that it's all about choices - make the right ones and be proud of yourself for doing so xx

I was told by my first consultant that if I was really hungry, to nibble on chicken or tuna, I could have a little bit as its protein and wont kick me out of ketosis

Hi all! Well, I didn't make it to the gym. It's been a crazy week. But, I'm happy to report that I was able to stick to the plan. I had my 1st weigh-in today and have lost 7.2 lbs. (we don't weigh in "stones" here so I don't know how to convert that, sorry). I'm looking forward to what next weigh in tells me. I'm finding it east to stick to right now. I'm just trying to keep my stress levels in check so I don't revert to eating for comfort. I still say that the hardest thing for me was giving up my diet Coke. But, I think I have kicked that habit and I'm not missing them near as much as I was in the beginning.

I do hope everyone is well tonight.

Thank u so much girls really tryin to get sorted again have drunk loads of water this mornin and have had 1/2 tertra on nite duty tonite so defo goin to try x. I'm a bit annoyed at my CBC as I emailed her 3 times and rang (went onto ans machine) and she hasn't got back to me :argh:

Hun you need to find another cdc, your consultant should be there for you, I'm not saying 24/7 but should get back to you with in a day (holidays etc not included) you would have needed her during your low time.. I say try and see who else there is about.

I've got my husbands awards night, tonight... I'm excited and nervous for my dress which is a bit tight..... so I will be glad when its over and I can settle down into the diet. As there is food and small amounts of alcohol ( don't overly feel like drinking loads tonight) involved and then again tomorrow.

So it's day 9 for me and I've done the dreaded thing of weighing myself again and I've only lost a 1lb so far for week 2 :( I'm getting the feeling this week it won't be a big loss. My CDC said I'd probably lose 5lbs this week!

Certainly makes or easier with no food! Finding it hard though... I just wanna eat! :)

Best of luck for tomorrow mornings weigh in...

Have you found a new job now? How's this week been?

Yeah wanna eat too :-( had WI yesterday and lost 5lb so very happy back to per Xmas weight.

Had my last day at work yesterday no new job as yet :-( I do have a bit of grace as I'm helping a friends old boss out for a few weeks so gives me a bit more time to find something :) how's ur week been? Xx

So it's day 9 for me and I've done the dreaded thing of weighing myself again and I've only lost a 1lb so far for week 2 :( I'm getting the feeling this week it won't be a big loss. My CDC said I'd probably lose 5lbs this week!

Don't worry, it's early days yet. Scales do start getting sticky from week 2 onwards. You might find you have a run of several days where there's no change per the scales and then 2-3 pounds come off overnight. :) What did you lose in week 1?

Hi kes I think u could b rite!!! She owns a beauty saloon and runs this from it so it must b if and when she can reply. But I also emailed her in the middle of the nite ( when I was on duty) and knew she would get it 1st thing but I'm still waiting for a reply :cry: Hope u have a brill nite u have done soo well on ure weight lss and u look fab x

I lost 8lbs on week 1 so was kind of hoping that I would do a stone or just under in a couple of weeks. I shouldn't complain really as the main thing is the scales are going down and not up!

Well done Diane it sounds like you are doing fantastic! Because I have so much weight to lose I hope it comes off at a steady pace as otherwise it will take absolutely ages and that's when I start to get disheartened.

Thanks for the support Tina! You're right I should just focus on one stone at a time, set myself small goals! We'll do it eventually :) I'll be strict with myself tomorrow and I must drink more water! x

I too have 7 stone to shift it total which is daunting but I'm doing in stages. I'm on day 6 SS and am feeling confident at the moment. Not having WI until Tues (due to work) which will be day 9, hoping for a really good loss.

I'm aiming to do 100% SS until my birthday at the end of March and then do a couple of weeks SS+ for a bit of variation. I'll see what weight I'm at then before planning the next stage.

Keep strong and you will do it xx

Back