Cambridge diet buddy?

Netty I'm not far in front of you I still have just under 6st to lose. It's going to be a long journey and we all need to jeer each other up to continue to do it as it will be hard work but so worth it!

Netty I'm not far in front of you I still have just under 6st to lose. It's going to be a long journey and we all need to jeer each other up to continue to do it as it will be hard work but so worth it!

Well done 8lbs is brilliant! Keep that up you'll do it in no time :D. I had my weigh in Friday, I lost 5lbs for the week :) happy with that but it should of been more, disappointed I keep giving in to temptation! I'm aiming for 9lbs this week to make it a stone x

Have weighed myself again this morning and my scales are still only showing a 1lb loss in 3 days :( this isn't what I was expecting at all as last time I did this the weight just fell off. The whole reason I started this diet was for the fact you lose weight quicker than others but im getting disheartened as I'm paying £50 a week and only lost what I could lose on a different diet that would cost me less. Not a happy bunny at all :(

Maggie how are you doing now?? I hope you have been able to get back on track.

How was your awards night kes? I bet you must have enjoyed yourself!!

I had my first WI and I lost 7.5lbs!!! LOVE this diet! I've also just had the lemon bar for breakfast, soo yummy! I feel like i shouldnt
be allowed to eat it lol. Hope you're all doing well :)

Thank you for that link lily that are interesting reading. I text my CDC and said how fed up I was and she said that I should be aiming for a stone a month although it was her who said about I should be seeing the 15st mark this week or be a 1lb away! Kind of mixed reactions from her! Still ill continue on with this diet as however tempting it is to eat food I would only end up loathing myself for failing.

I never fail to be astonished by CWPCs who don't recognise that it's common for either a week 2 or a week 3 loss to be rather less than you might expect. All the hand wringing that follows, about whether you didn't drink enough, whether it had something to do with having bars - it drives me nuts, LOL. :)

On any diet, you just don't lose weight in nice even chunks. And on this diet, you certainly don't. But I can promise you that you are consistently losing fat every day you stay on this plan. You've got nothing else to burn (well, apart from 3 shakes - and maybe a 200 calorie meal if you're on SS+). But the brain doesn't understand what you're doing and tries to protect the body by holding on to water, to keep things ticking over in the same way it always has. It doesn't realise that the lack of food isn't temporary. But as the days go on and you lose more fat (because as I said, what else have you got to burn?) it slowly realises that things are a-changing and it may as well let go of the water it's been holding on to. And this will happen every few weeks on the diet. It's absolutely nothing to worry about, it doesn't mean the diet isn't working (there's no way it can't :)) and it demonstrates that scales are incredibly blunt instruments of measurement.

If you can get out of the habit of weighing every day, it certainly helps. But if you can't, try not to read too much into what they say on a daily basis. It isn't a real reflection of what's actually going on.

Hi there Ali-Safiya yea soo far back on track have been tempted a few times but resisted. Brill weight loss well done u x. I found myself a new CBC yest and have appt with her on tue. Now just looked my emails and my old one wants to no wot time I want to come on tue. Feel annoyed that she didnt reply b4 now so anybody any suggestions wot I should do x x

We're your emails about how you were struggling, or just to make an appointment?

Awards night was good, minimised food damage I hope, just got roast tonight, and then back on track tomorrow.. Loving the focus I have xx

Good luck to everyone for another week

Hi kes just onto my iPad that's the worst about doin nite duty x re my emails it was about really needing help plus appt time x I even phoned her and her wee assistant at saloon said she would ring me back but didn't then I rang and left voicemail on her mob

Kes but why do I feel so guilty about not goin back to her Plus my daughter tried her b4 xmas but she didn't return her calls x

Hun you need to see the other lady and not ***** about previous one, but talk about what has happened and that you will need help along the way and if the new person can provide that. Talk to the new one loads and find one your happy with... I had exactly the same thing happen to me, I saw another lady, but she was finishing up doing it, so then found number 3 and she is brilliant!

Excellent loss, well done hunny! bet your very proud, and thats excellent to be back to your pre-christmas weight so quickly! =0)

I'm finding CD hard this time around! I had a family thing on Saturday and had to watch them all with delicious M&S sandwiches, chocolate fudge cake, then in the evening eating a carvery and puddings!

I've got me weigh in tonight.... assuming th snow lets up at some point and i can get there.... having said that though, at the moment i will have gained, i am wearing so many layers of clothes!!!!

You having a good week so far??

Have weighed myself again this morning and my scales are still only showing a 1lb loss in 3 days :( this isn't what I was expecting at all as last time I did this the weight just fell off. The whole reason I started this diet was for the fact you lose weight quicker than others but im getting disheartened as I'm paying £50 a week and only lost what I could lose on a different diet that would cost me less. Not a happy bunny at all :(

Awww don't be disheartened Hun, come weigh day you will get the loss. I know it's easier said than done but I would try avoid weighing yourself, I've read so many people on here feeling bad/down/disheartened because they dont see a daily loss. I agree with Lily that its never gonna come off in even chunks. If its too difficult to stop weighing in try go to every other day, it's a small step but you're more likely to see a result at most of your WI's.

Stay positive, it will happen xx

Hey thanks for replying I am still going strong although I was pushed to my limit yesterday when the kids have chips from the chippy! But I've carried on and I am addicted to weighing myself daily unfortunately. I can't stop doing it but I have now lost 3lbs so I am hoping for another 1lb off and I will be happy with that for the week. The weekend was also a really tough time as I was very tempted to pig out to kind of punish myself for not losing hardly any weight but I didn't and I've carried on. This Thursday will be 2 weeks that I have been on the diet for. I am a little nervous about next week as my time of the month is due I've got the tell tale signs already, getting spots which is annoying as I'm drinking so much water my face should be glowing lol. Anyway I find posting up how down I get helpful as once I've ranted about it I then focus back on the diet. I hope everybody else is still doing ok :)

hi all

im back

how is everyone...??? i havent been doing cambridge for a couple of weeks back on it now week 2- my old consultant done a disapearing act.. I see there are a lot of newbies...and some of the same faces :)

xxx Tam

WI today, I lost 9lbs in my week 1, thrilled to bits xx

Hey thanks for replying I am still going strong although I was pushed to my limit yesterday when the kids have chips from the chippy! But I've carried on and I am addicted to weighing myself daily unfortunately. I can't stop doing it but I have now lost 3lbs so I am hoping for another 1lb off and I will be happy with that for the week. The weekend was also a really tough time as I was very tempted to pig out to kind of punish myself for not losing hardly any weight but I didn't and I've carried on. This Thursday will be 2 weeks that I have been on the diet for. I am a little nervous about next week as my time of the month is due I've got the tell tale signs already, getting spots which is annoying as I'm drinking so much water my face should be glowing lol. Anyway I find posting up how down I get helpful as once I've ranted about it I then focus back on the diet. I hope everybody else is still doing ok :)

Well done for resisting the chips that's soooo great, I'm in ketosis now so have no appetite but not sure I could resist the smell of those. You've done amazing :)
I have a meal out next Monday argh do I take a shake or do I have meat and green salad and get straight back on the horse in Tuesday? It's a toughie

Keep it up Hun, take each day as a success x

Back