Cambridge diet buddy?

Thanks missy :). I'm pleased with my stone but you're right it is soo difficult sometimes. Thank you for the positivity! It's nice to hear sometimes other than from my other half. What step are you on and how are you doing? x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

You are welcome Hun. I'm currently doing SS but if I struggle any day then I do SS+.
So far I am doing ok. I've lost 1 stone 2lb. It's a long road but we can all do it with the support of loved ones and on here too xxx

Hey Hun! That's great news on your weight loss! I started off at 20:6 and am now 13 stone bang on so you will get there! Good luck with your journey! You'll be fabulous! Xx

Whoa! That is amazing! Well done.
Do you mind me asking how long it has taken you?
You are very inspirational xx

Whoa! That is amazing! Well done.
Do you mind me asking how long it has taken you? You are very inspirational xx

Awww thankyou! Honestly... it took me about 7/8 months to do but only because when Christmas was looming i came 'off plan' as it were but in the low-carb/ Atkins style kind of way so I stayed in ketosis which meant my body didn't put weight on <--- I was amazed I still lost weight as I thought that solids would make me balloon!

The loss wasn't as much as SS/SS+ but it was still a loss! :) my BMI is now smack on 25 from 40 but I want another 1 or 1/12 stone off just to put me in the middle if the healthy/ normal BMI range so when those carbs come back I won't be freaked out by a few lbs gain which I'm told is what happens by some maintainers!

How are you finding the diet so far? Are people around you still doing the 'oh you'll only put it all back again' or the 'oh you're starving yourself you must be hungry all the time!' Bit l!?

Aww I know it's easier said than done but try and look forward. We are human beings and it's a huge deal trying to fight something we are instinctively supposed to do! I cheated so much when I did the diet 5 years ago, I was more off it than on! Lost a little bit but I found that once I started cheating it was so much harder to have a day where I stuck to it so I know how you feel!

First day was long lol! Felt a bit bloated and yukky after all that water and especially after the meal but felt better as the evening went on. Am going to try and keep myself really busy today so I don't have time to think about it

Let me know how you get on with your CDC xx

You are welcome Hun. I'm currently doing SS but if I struggle any day then I do SS+.
So far I am doing ok. I've lost 1 stone 2lb. It's a long road but we can all do it with the support of loved ones and on here too xxx

Well done hun!! How much do you have to lose if you don't mind me asking?? I have 7 stone left to go and it seems so far away! Think ill set myself some mini goals xx

Well done hun!! How much do you have to lose if you don't mind me asking?? I have 7 stone left to go and it seems so far away! Think ill set myself some mini goals xx

Hi. Of course I don't mind you asking. I would like to lose 8-9 stone so I think mini goals are definitely the way to go xx

Awww thankyou! Honestly... it took me about 7/8 months to do but only because when Christmas was looming i came 'off plan' as it were but in the low-carb/ Atkins style kind of way so I stayed in ketosis which meant my body didn't put weight on <--- I was amazed I still lost weight as I thought that solids would make me balloon!

The loss wasn't as much as SS/SS+ but it was still a loss! :) my BMI is now smack on 25 from 40 but I want another 1 or 1/12 stone off just to put me in the middle if the healthy/ normal BMI range so when those carbs come back I won't be freaked out by a few lbs gain which I'm told is what happens by some maintainers!

How are you finding the diet so far? Are people around you still doing the 'oh you'll only put it all back again' or the 'oh you're starving yourself you must be hungry all the time!' Bit l!?

Whoa.. You must have been really disciplined to do an Atkins style plan over Christmas. Well done.

I have done CWP a couple of times, I tend to lose 4 stone come off plan and put it all back on so it annoys me as I end up proving all the people that say 'oh you'll only put it all back on again' right. This time I am going to stick to it and get to goal and not mess about with doing it and putting it all back on and then having to start again.

You are really inspiring to me xxx

12 stone.. Want to be 8 stone (diet buddy)?

Hey everyone, so I start Cambridge diet on Tuesday eeeek :eek:! excited, scared. would be nice to have a diet buddy.. anyone starting around that time?

So I'm currently 12 stone could be a bit less not sure going to weight for my initial weigh in and hope for the best but expect the worse.

Hoping to be at my goal weight of 8 stone by end of May.. does this sound achievable:)?

Anyway hope to hear from yall soon.

Oh just to add in 5ft2!

I want to be 8 stone too, but have a lot longer to wait than you. 4 stone off my the end of May is borderline, if you take into account a good first week weight loss you may just get there. You wouldn't be far off anyway.

Good luck

Well I started in July on sole source so I'd say about 8 months it's taken me to shift the 7 1/2 stone!

Whoa.. You must have been really disciplined to do an Atkins style plan over Christmas. Well done. I have done CWP a couple of This time I am going to stick to it and get to goal and not mess about with doing it and putting it all back on and then having to start again. You are really inspiring to me xxx
Thanks Hun, I'm just so stubborn and the thought of spending another summer hiding away in jeans and full armed cardigans!! It's like the only diet where you can eat a ton of meat, meat and more meat and still lose weight <---- I loved atkins when I did it but it was just not sustainable like Cambridge which is why I failed at it lol! but i've enjoyed mixing the two plans when i'm out and about/ if people get too moany/mardy about it (it's more bonkers to me the issue that other people have with me being on Cambridge, im like it's not you doing it!) but at least you know that the plan works and you know where you are 'going wrong' so to speak! at least you know you what to do and how to do it! every diet, Cambridge or not its the maintenance where the real work starts and where the hard/difficult work starts, so don't be too hard on yourself :)

Last edited:
Hi I want lose the same amount as you. Started the diet on new years day, but have been off plan for a week now( as I have been toying with other diets) in the week of fooling around I've put on 3lbs :( so its back to sq 1 for me!

And its very difficult to start back!

I wish you all the best, hopefully we will see the 8's in may!
X

Just wanted to add I'm around 12 ( not weighed as I'm to scared) want to be 8.10 lbs and I am 5'4........if I'm honest I wld be content at anything under 10 stones.
Hi to Chlo and Chixie too.

Hey diet buddies!! Woke up today on day 6 and its so weird that I didn't feel hungry despite it being 12 hours since my last porridge yesterday!! Yay this ketosis thing is seriously good!
When I started on Monday I weighed in at 16 stones, my heaviest ever. I'm looking to get just under 11 stone or as near as damnit for my niece's wedding at the end of June. 5 stone seems like a mountain to climb but hopefully I will have a great loss on Monday when I next weigh in
Good luck for the weekend.....be strong!

Buddy for a newbie

Hi!

Anyone starting this week/already started this week and want to buddy up please?
Thought it might be easier with someone else travelling the same weight loss journey.

I am on day 2.

xxxx

Back