Cambridge diet expert

beckboo said:
Your doing too much..!! Running on SS in the first 2 weeks I didn't think was advisable xx you've got loads of time to loose that weight but I'm guessing your feeling the pressure with the time scale and getting married x

Last weigh in I was 15st 10 so really feeling daunted by it all. First time round I was 11st 2 at my lowest and a size 12 but I'd like to be that again..!! I was 15st 2 and lost that weight in 10 weeks and want to blitz it just as quick as I find SS sole destroying :-(

I know I should calm down but I really suffer with saggy skin and although this diet helps you lose weight it does nothing for you saggy bits lol!!! I don't do that every night, I couldn't it would kill me :-(
That's great that you have that focus that was a great weight loss in that time it's giving me a bot of hope!!!
I still feel very bloated today I have 6 more days until weigh in so hope the feeling goes!!
Do you have any goals coming up? A holiday,night out etc
I have to say I very nearly cracked today I made sweet and sour chicken with noodles and I want to pick it up with my hands and start shovelling in my mouth haha but I couldn't have come back on hear and talked to you with my guilt haha also my other half has been ill o couldn't have him losing weight and me putting it on!!! I have many psychological problems from being on this diet it's a nightmare!!!! Soul destroying? Oh yes

Yes I have a goal, we're off to Ibiza for 2 weeks in aug and I can't bare the thought of being a hot sweaty pig with my flab hanging out, cannot lie on a beach looking like this, first time I've been abroad for 8 yrs..!! Have 4 kids so they'll keep me active when we're there!!!

Psychologically it's killing me too, wanna binge eat something wicked but no from previous experience that I then want to stick my fingers down my throat..! I never did btw!! Haha, but it's very hard feeding the five thousand and not myself :-0

beckboo said:
Yes I have a goal, we're off to Ibiza for 2 weeks in aug and I can't bare the thought of being a hot sweaty pig with my flab hanging out, cannot lie on a beach looking like this, first time I've been abroad for 8 yrs..!! Have 4 kids so they'll keep me active when we're there!!!

Psychologically it's killing me too, wanna binge eat something wicked but no from previous experience that I then want to stick my fingers down my throat..! I never did btw!! Haha, but it's very hard feeding the five thousand and not myself :-0

Omg we are exactly the same!!!! I also have 4 children and I feel exactly the same I even describe myself the same way!! I have to admit ( very ashamed) but if I do binge I do make myself sick nobody knows this as my other half would be so angry.
I hate it when I make lovely meals and my kids waste it :-(
I do hate it when I binge I wake up the next day feeling so guilty!! It's not worth it.

beckboo said:
Oh no..!! I googled it as have tried but didn't succeed omg..! How similar are we???!! Scary..!!!

How old are you? Have you always had problems with weight? I have ever since school the problem is is that I just love food so much especially carbs haha!!!
All my friends are skinny and I feel under pressure :-(

I'm 32, my eldest is 11 youngest is 18 mths, I guess since I hit about 20 really. I weighed about 12st then which looking back was quite heavy, then fell pregnant and got to about 17st pregnant, but lost it fairly easily by the time he was one but was a size 14, never massively occurred to me to be slimmer, always carried a bit more than my friends but now I have hit rock bottom, I get bigger per child and find it harder and harder to loose weight, eating is my life..!! Socially emotionally you name it I eat..!! I can't name one member of my family that is or has been overweight, sadly just me.!! My husband is in the forces and when I go back home and see family I feel mahoosive, I honestly don't think it bothers my husband but it seriously bothers me :-(

beckboo said:
I'm 32, my eldest is 11 youngest is 18 mths, I guess since I hit about 20 really. I weighed about 12st then which looking back was quite heavy, then fell pregnant and got to about 17st pregnant, but lost it fairly easily by the time he was one but was a size 14, never massively occurred to me to be slimmer, always carried a bit more than my friends but now I have hit rock bottom, I get bigger per child and find it harder and harder to loose weight, eating is my life..!! Socially emotionally you name it I eat..!! I can't name one member of my family that is or has been overweight, sadly just me.!! My husband is in the forces and when I go back home and see family I feel mahoosive, I honestly don't think it bothers my husband but it seriously bothers me :-(

I'm hitting 30 in July my eldest is 6 my youngest is 9 months I was big when I met my o/h but I always felt ashamed for him, I'd turn down social offers with his work friends as I didn't want them making fun of Adam behind his back!!! He never said anything after-all we met when I was about 16.7 stone, I'd always worry walking past gangs of people as I knew they would laugh at me :-( I knew I had to change!!! I also suffer with Pcos and didn't think I could get pregnant as my periods were few and far between,I lost about 9 pounds fell pregnant had my daughter and went up in weight to 17.7 stone!! I then went on some slimming pills and lost 2.7 stone,i fell pregnant with my son had him and hit my all time highest 18.10 :-o I knew then I had to do something( but despite being big and depressed I never suffered the psychological problems I do since losing the weight ) I went to ww lost 2.7 stone over 7 months and plateaued My friend had been on LL and lost all her weight in half the time it took me to lose my stupid 2.7 stone, she told me about CD same but cheaper so I spoke to Adam and he allowed me to do it providing it was safe!!! I got down to 13.3 by Xmas 2008 and fell pregnant again I was gutted I didn't want the baby I was very selfish exercised for 2 hours a day hardly ate I was obsessed!! Then a friend that was also pregnant lost her baby at 37 weeks it made stop what I was doing and realise how important my baby was :-( I had my baby boy and started back on the diet but I couldn't get back on it like I had before the motivation wasn't there! So it took from jan to July to get down to 11.8, I felt amazing but I wasn't quite at my goal WHEN!!!!! wait for it!!!!!! I fell pregnant hahaha I healthy ate and felt great until I was 25 weeks then I just ate what I wanted after having him I went back on the diet a week later (I know it was very bad of me) but I was desperate to lose the weight I went back up to nearly 15 stone and now I'm 11.8 again. I think I would be happy to be 10.7 but I'm sure when I'm 10.7 I'll want to carry on :-( .
I think we are both very lucky to have such wonderful support in our partners!!
It must be difficult with him being in the forces and looking after your 4 your super women!!!!
I understand that feeling when go visiting your family! I'm the same wondering all the time what they think of my weight!! The last time I saw all my family was 2 and a half years ago just after I had my 3rd baby looking rather big at my sisters wedding so that's why I'm under sooooo much pressure for mine!!

I think you've done amazingly so far!! You should be proud of the weight loss you've achieved up to now as that's probably more than what your eldest weighs..!! I used to love standing on the scales with one of the kids, looking at them and thinking 'I've lost a whole you' ?

I do sometimes wonder if it's all
Worth it? I mean do I really want to be stressing and worrying and starving myself forever to be slim but I'm kidding myself by thinking I'm happy as i am because I'm not!! Like you I avoid events etc and then feel bitter that I'm not there and quite insecure about other women which is a side to me I never knew I had and want that feeling gone, the thing is I don't feel good on this diet..! Infact I look like **** on it haha..!! ? but ww and sw are just not quick enough for me and I struggle tying it in to my every day life..!! Too time consuming but I am wondering how I'm going to maintain the weight when it's gone x

I'd like to know more about LL as I think I'd benefit from the counselling but am pretty sure I can't afford the diet xx

beckboo said:
I think you've done amazingly so far!! You should be proud of the weight loss you've achieved up to now as that's probably more than what your eldest weighs..!! I used to love standing on the scales with one of the kids, looking at them and thinking 'I've lost a whole you' ?

I do sometimes wonder if it's all
Worth it? I mean do I really want to be stressing and worrying and starving myself forever to be slim but I'm kidding myself by thinking I'm happy as i am because I'm not!! Like you I avoid events etc and then feel bitter that I'm not there and quite insecure about other women which is a side to me I never knew I had and want that feeling gone, the thing is I don't feel good on this diet..! Infact I look like **** on it haha..!! ? but ww and sw are just not quick enough for me and I struggle tying it in to my every day life..!! Too time consuming but I am wondering how I'm going to maintain the weight when it's gone x

I'd like to know more about LL as I think I'd benefit from the counselling but am pretty sure I can't afford the diet xx

My C/D counsellor is amazing I tell her everything!! She advises me whenever I need it!!
After my wedding I won't feel under so much pressure so I think maintaining will be fine for me( I hope anyway) I'd like to be a waff for summer haha but I'll never have that perfect body, unless of course I have surgery!!
I often wonder if all this stress and starvation is worth it too!!! I mean wouldn't you be so gutted if you died and the last thing you had to eat/ drink was 3 shakes and 4 litres of water hahaha I'd be turning in my grave I'd haunt macdonalds haha!
We can do this, it's bloody horrible and will probably leave us scarred for life but at least we will be skinny!!!! I do love going clothe shopping when I've lost weight o turn into a bit of an addict though :-/
I have to say I'm surprised I'm not naturally skinny, running around after 4 kids and Adam I also work, my life is hectic ha!but to be fair I can eat A LOT!

Hi, just been reading your threads as I am considering doing cd but only for a couple of weeks. I am on sw at mo and it's working but slowly and I don't have much patience ?
Was just wandering if you could explain how it works etc please. Is it like celebrity slim?
Ps: good luck to you both on your journey to becoming slim xxx

jnaholland said:
Hi, just been reading your threads as I am considering doing cd but only for a couple of weeks. I am on sw at mo and it's working but slowly and I don't have much patience ?
Was just wandering if you could explain how it works etc please. Is it like celebrity slim?
Ps: good luck to you both on your journey to becoming slim xxx

Hi C/D is based on a very low carb diet it consists of shakes,soups,bars and a lot of water .you would need to look up your nearest councillor which you can do on the CD site and book in with them!! it's very drastic you can lose anything from 5-14 pounds in your first week!! However I really wouldn't recommend this diet for only a couple of weeks as without maintenance you will almost immediately put the weight you have lost back on as to begin with you mainly lose water!!
It's soul destroying but it works I will never regret going on it.do you have a lot to lose?

I agree with the above, the weight would go almost straight back on unless maintenance programme was followed xx

How are you getting on cazz..??!! I seem to have come out the other side again, was very low but think it was hormonal, first period on CD..!! Nightmare xx

Back