Cambridge diet new beginner!!

mollier

Hi all, i'm starting the Cambridge diet on Wednesday, can anyone give me any advice to help me get through the first week? also, what shakes/soups are everyones favourite, im not sure which ones to go for

Hi there Mollier

I've just completed day 7 and had my first weigh in with a loss of 5lbs. I weighed 12st 3lbs at this time last week so really pleased with 5lbs.

I have tried all three porridges and only like the apple and cinnamon. Of the soups I didn't like the spicy tomato, found it very powdery. Loved the butterscotch and mango shakes, in fact I've loved all the shakes. Got the cappuccino one to try today.

My best advice is to drink plenty of water, if you get a hunger pang or feel nauseous drink sparkling water, it really does help. if you have a blip (as I did) move on, don't binge eat through guilt, drink plenty of water and keep going. Chewing sugar-free gum definitely helps.

Good luck with your first week, it's different for everyone, some find it easier, others dont. Admittedly I did really struggle at first but I feel great today.

Keep in touch xx

Hi,
I started last weds, the first 4 days were hard for me but I got through and now feel fine. Just remember u won't feel like that forever. I like pre made shakes in all 3 flavours as these are easy for work. I also have the chicken and mushroom, veg and mushroom soups. The are like cup of soups. I tried the porridges but they are not really porridge more like very flavoured baby food. Not very nice but forced them down. Not tried the packet shakes as I like the ready made. I guess the first week is trial and error, I bought a few extras so I knew I'd have another alternative if didn't like any.

Good luck :) x

Yeah my CDC said I could have sugar-free gum

SS although have done a couple of SS+ days when I was feeling at my worst

Hi there Mollier

I've just completed day 7 and had my first weigh in with a loss of 5lbs. I weighed 12st 3lbs at this time last week so really pleased with 5lbs.

I have tried all three porridges and only like the apple and cinnamon. Of the soups I didn't like the spicy tomato, found it very powdery. Loved the butterscotch and mango shakes, in fact I've loved all the shakes. Got the cappuccino one to try today.

My best advice is to drink plenty of water, if you get a hunger pang or feel nauseous drink sparkling water, it really does help. if you have a blip (as I did) move on, don't binge eat through guilt, drink plenty of water and keep going. Chewing sugar-free gum definitely helps.

Good luck with your first week, it's different for everyone, some find it easier, others dont. Admittedly I did really struggle at first but I feel great today.

Keep in touch xx

No gum! I'm a gum adict and my CDC told me today I'm not allowed it xx

hi all,

thanks for your advice, my CDC didn't have any mango shakes, i've picked a huge range of the shakes to try, i only picked the spicy tomato and leek and potato soups just to start off and ive chosen the original porridge to try too :)

and ive heard no gum too xx

Hi guys can anyone confirm if I'm allowed sweetners tablet form??? I started on Friday and this is the only thing I think I may be doing wrong otherwise sticking to it!!! Even stuck to it as hubby ate take away pizza last night!!! So proud of myself lol

I only like the Chicken and Mushroom soup but can stomach the vegetable, leek and potato and oriental chilli for a change. I like all the shakes especialliy if I put ice in them. Chocolate is my favourite at night and I actually look forward to it !!! I got told I could have gum but had read on here that you couldnt so I have refrained :)

Week 1 - 13lbs :D

Yes you can have sweetners tablet form, infect you can only have them tablet form not the powder stuff :)

thank you :) although CDC still saying no to it :) ive cut it out friday and saturday last week. i feel like weight loss is slower. is this normal?

Back