cambridge diet, SS please be careful, I was on it

I just want to say that I for one am fed up of AOGG abusing this support forum so have reported her post. Can I suggest that if you agree you do the same and you never know something may be done?!

Cerulean well done with what you have achieved and best of luck maintaining I'm sure you are in the right mental place and will be fine!

I just want to say that I for one am fed up of AOGG abusing this support forum so have reported her post. Can I suggest that if you agree you do the same and you never know something may be done?!

!

Please dont! As soon as a post is reported its flagged up, its flagged up whether one person reports it or 20. The outcome will be the same regardless of how many reports there are. Admin and the Mods look into every reported post and the decisions made are not based on the volume of reports made.

Surely those warnings can be applied to all the very low calorie diets and not just Cambridge so perhaps they would be better in the general very low calorie section to apply to all low calorie diets. Also I am new but I thought this was meant to be a support forum not a forum to tell me if I go on a diet I will only put all the weight back on again.

Just read all of the posts and cant stress enough at how important all the steps are. As people have said Cambridge is not only about SS its about the full programme of steps. Like others I gained all my weight back after doing LL because I was very naive and did not do maintenance.

This time I committed to the cambridge diet 100% to all steps and lost four and half stone doing SS, then moved to 810, then 1000 and im now on 1200 and still losing. You must gradually introduce food as if you dont of course you will gain all the weight back!!!

Anyone starting cambridge do not be disheartened. Put your trust in the steps. I cant believe that im eating potatoes, pasta, cereals and still losing. It can be done as im also proof!!!

Congrats to everyone on here for doing so well with cambridge and I really hope that the negative comments have not put anyone off. If you dont follow the diet properly then that is unfortunately down to you and not the diet itself.

Starlight said:
There is as I have already posted no requirement for people to keep reporting this thread. The matter has been flagged up and WILL be addressed. The action taken is NOT influenced by the number of people reporting the offending posts.

Culreaun has also been contacted directly regarding the matter

Starlight

Surely something should've been done about this the last time she was making ridiculous and unsupportive comments?

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Surely something should've been done about this the last time she was making ridiculous and unsupportive comments?

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

It cant be addressed if we're not aware of it. One hit of a report button highlights the problem. We are NOW aware of it.

There are only a few moderators to cover this entire site, we do a pretty good job but cant realistically read every post and every thread

Members are welcome to PM any Mod/Admin for help or hit report.

ok i read the original posters post when it was first written and i refused to comment as i am one of these people who will open their mouths and speak without thinking it through and get VERY angry...

so i have waited and read everyone's responses... and i am pleased that a lot of people are thinking the same as me... it is bang out of order to come to a weightloss "support" forum and start slagging a diet off... i have failed on many diets but do not blame the diets...

admittedly, after the first time i tried Cambridge i said i would never to it again as i gained the weight back... but i didn't take the time to think "well actually Sar it is your fault as you didn't follow the plan, you wanted the quick fix for a wedding and afterwards you didn't care..."

and now... i am back! i have learned that i NEED this diet as for me it is all or nothing... i either eat for England or i don't eat at all and knowing that i can't eat whatever i want means i can succeed...

i know that my hard work is going to start the moment i hit goal and need to work my way up the plans... i refuse to go back to my old ways and pig out "just because i can"...

this week has been a really tough week for me as i went for a meal on Saturday night and since then i have picked and picked... i can see my old traits and not only is it annoying me, it is scaring me as i don't want to go back to the old, unhappy me...

people can slate diets without a second thought for their own actions and say "oh well that didn't work"... we are all here because of previous deep rooted habits and it is those which need to be tackled while losing the weight and if we don't change the fat person will simply reappear...

i know that i am going to have to consciously watch what i eat for the rest of my life and i have learned to accept that... i certainly don't want to keep having to spend a small fortune losing the weight i gained...

i wish everyone luck on their Cambridge journey as it is not an easy one... but it is a rewarding one :)

goolian said:
ok i read the original posters post when it was first written and i refused to comment as i am one of these people who will open their mouths and speak without thinking it through and get VERY angry...

so i have waited and read everyone's responses... and i am pleased that a lot of people are thinking the same as me... it is bang out of order to come to a weightloss "support" forum and start slagging a diet off... i have failed on many diets but do not blame the diets...

admittedly, after the first time i tried Cambridge i said i would never to it again as i gained the weight back... but i didn't take the time to think "well actually Sar it is your fault as you didn't follow the plan, you wanted the quick fix for a wedding and afterwards you didn't care..."

and now... i am back! i have learned that i NEED this diet as for me it is all or nothing... i either eat for England or i don't eat at all and knowing that i can't eat whatever i want means i can succeed...

i know that my hard work is going to start the moment i hit goal and need to work my way up the plans... i refuse to go back to my old ways and pig out "just because i can"...

this week has been a really tough week for me as i went for a meal on Saturday night and since then i have picked and picked... i can see my old traits and not only is it annoying me, it is scaring me as i don't want to go back to the old, unhappy me...

people can slate diets without a second thought for their own actions and say "oh well that didn't work"... we are all here because of previous deep rooted habits and it is those which need to be tackled while losing the weight and if we don't change the fat person will simply reappear...

i know that i am going to have to consciously watch what i eat for the rest of my life and i have learned to accept that... i certainly don't want to keep having to spend a small fortune losing the weight i gained...

i wish everyone luck on their Cambridge journey as it is not an easy one... but it is a rewarding one :)

Surely it is right to offer honest advice based on experiences people have had! It's all about sharing opinions and I think everyone is adult enough to read these things and take what they want from it and make their own decisions. I think people being honest about their weight loss journeys IS offering support.

I have found this whole thread really helpful, one of my big fears is losing the weight I need to, then losing control and putting it all back on, which I have done with other diets. I am determined to go through all of the steps gradually to ensure I lose sensibly and maintain. Thanks everyone x

hmmm - I thought long and hard about responding to this post as I'm only on day 1 of a restart but hey ho, just my 2 penny worth for what it's worth, Miss-r - I'm really glad that I've been on CWP before and know that what everyone else here has said, particularly Sarah regarding the attitude required for this diet and working back up the plans, is TRUE because had I not your post would have been just the thing I was looking for as I have little to no willpower to say 'I'll give up before I've started then' if its dangerous (which you claim with no evidence I might add).

I wish you every success on your current plan - however please think carefully before posting something similar on a CWP support forum again, after all you don't see many of us on WW/SW forums telling you its all a waste of time.

Hope I haven't offended anyone on my first day back.

PGD x

Back