Cambridge diet

Yes I am in sole source, I try to not over exert myself. Days I am feeling not so energetic I just do a 30 min walk on the treadmill.
Days I feel good I do like a spinning class etc.
Start out slow and build from there.
Maybe you could start with alternate day exercising, will give your body enough time to recoup.

-S

They were a week apart lol!! I'm a usual gym goer spinner and swimmer I just don't know it's like my body cannot cope with it! :(

I'm gonna try having my ss+ meal before I go!

What time of the day do you usually go? How many shakes etc? Xx

What happens if I don't drink all my shakes? I don't like some of mine and its a real struggle to drink xx

It's best to drink all the packets prescribed to you.
I have been prescribed 3 packets a day and the days I do only 1 or 2 I notice my energy levels are down and I am more prone to snacking and reaching out to food to fill in the gap.

So I suggest you try all the shakes find the once that you like and stick to them.

But having experimented with not drinking all that was prescribed to me , I strongly suggest you drink the packet prescribed for the day

- S

I just find it so hard! I will deffo try though, just struggle, I don't feel like I need to snack though I just feel its too much though :/ ah well ill try xxx

What happens if I don't drink all my shakes? I don't like some of mine and its a real struggle to drink xx

Hi Emmz,

First few days are trial and error finding what you like and what you don't like. First few days I didn't drink all mine cause I just couldn't stomach some of the flavours. I find blending them with ice can help. Swats is right tho you should try or youl not be getting the nutrients. Personally I prefer the bars. My consultant let me change the ones I didn't like.
Just think of your holiday. It gets easier. Promise xx

They were a week apart lol!! I'm a usual gym goer spinner and swimmer I just don't know it's like my body cannot cope with it! :(

I'm gonna try having my ss+ meal before I go!

What time of the day do you usually go? How many shakes etc? Xx

Hey Mizkristy,

Initial even mine were a week apart, it's lately that I have got it under control, do don't fret, keep trying to squeeze in a workout and don't give up on it altogether.

I usually hit the gym after work say between 7 or 8 in the night, I have been prescribed 3 packets a day, hated the porridge a for its shake soup and shake for me. 3-4 ltrs of water, can have coffee or tea without sugar though.

Hope this helps.
Btwn what is SS+?

-S

Well I ate half of my lunch and half my dinner though I do fill with more water, more like 400ml, just not very nice I don't think going to try the porridge this morning though they don't have microwave so gonna try with hot water and see how that goes lol I can deffo see why people give up xxx

Hey Mizkristy,

Initial even mine were a week apart, it's lately that I have got it under control, do don't fret, keep trying to squeeze in a workout and don't give up on it altogether.

I usually hit the gym after work say between 7 or 8 in the night, I have been prescribed 3 packets a day, hated the porridge a for its shake soup and shake for me. 3-4 ltrs of water, can have coffee or tea without sugar though.

Hope this helps.
Btwn what is SS+?

-S

Ss + is Sole source plus (so I get a small protein meal).

It's frustrating everyone seems to be able to cope with the gym. All except me! I just don't get it :(

See I usually go on days off in early afternoon so maybe I need to make it later when I've consumed more calories! Thanks :) xx

Struggling bad today! Could only have half my porridge and half my lunch, can't stomach it! I just want food! I'm determined to carry on but had no idea it would be this hard! HELLLLP!

Struggling bad today! Could only have half my porridge and half my lunch, can't stomach it! I just want food! I'm determined to carry on but had no idea it would be this hard! HELLLLP!

Emmz the first 3 or 4 days are the worst. Think of how gorgeous youl feel on your holiday xx

Aww u are doing great! On my first few days I literally had a mouthful of water everytime I thought of food, I drank nearly 5L every day. But once it kicks in the hunger disappears...it's just the habit of eating.
You will feel so proud of yourself when u realise your not hungry, and it so worth doing it! I find (strange I know) but chewing when I'm having porridge/shakes/soup, makes me feel like I'm eating a proper meal. Also I found when I had chewing gum my stomach rumbled more so I have avoided it. And mouth freshener spray...I am paranoid my breath smells, although everyone says it don't..but also it's a different taste haha
Good luck, were all in the same boat and this forum is so handy.
:)
XxX

Thank you! I'm looking forward to my first wi! And I've surprised myself by not cheating lol! I had soup last night and I actually enjoyed it and it filled me up! I didn't think this was possible! I'm excited to see the new me! Though if I didn't have this forum I probs would have caved in by now! So glad I found this site! Thank you! I've got the mouth spray as I'm already starting ketosis which I suppose isagood thing..mmmm I wonder how much I will lose this week ......xxx

Thank you! I'm looking forward to my first wi! And I've surprised myself by not cheating lol! I had soup last night and I actually enjoyed it and it filled me up! I didn't think this was possible! I'm excited to see the new me! Though if I didn't have this forum I probs would have caved in by now! So glad I found this site! Thank you! I've got the mouth spray as I'm already starting ketosis which I suppose isagood thing..mmmm I wonder how much I will lose this week ......xxx

Hey Emmz

I am on the diet for 6 weeks now, yes it's hard but it gets easier so hang in there.

When you step on the scale for your first weigh in, it will mean so much. When you get compliments from friends and family, it will really push you further.

All of us are on this diet, cause we desperately want to loose weight, becoming healthier etc. so drink the packets, drink the water and avoid food you will surely loose weight it's impossible not to do so.

Hang in there and all the best. Believe you can do it

-S

Thank you! I know it will mean a lot, my friend is dropping out and I'm kinda struggling, can you eat maybe a small thing with protein maybe? Sorry to bother people, feeling low :( xx

Thank you! I know it will mean a lot, my friend is dropping out and I'm kinda struggling, can you eat maybe a small thing with protein maybe? Sorry to bother people, feeling low :( xx

Hi Emmz. If your really struggling you should contact your consultant and see what she suggests. Maybe she could give you the bars early. Or do SS plus where you can have a small protein meal each day. Honestly the first few days are the hardest. I don't particularly like the shakes or the ready shakes. Think I'd have gave up if not for the bars x

Thanks Marie, I've messaged her, I could kill for a bar! Lol everyone says they are great! Hopefully I will get them next week. I think I've found harder coz my friends not doing so well but hey I'll see what my consultant says xx

I defo prefer the bars. We're all so different eh :). It's in her interest to come up with a solution for you. She's running a business after all. Hang in there. First few days are torture til your body gets used to it xx

Hello everyone

Emmzz how did your 1st weigh in go?
How are the rest of you doing

My weighin this week showed a loss of 5 lbs.
The week was good, stuck to the diet through and even though a attend an impromptu party , I managed to stick to grilled chicken.

So in all it's been a good week.
Hope all of you as doing well too

-S

Back