Cambridge diet

Hello everyone, I am new to this site...and I started the Cambridge diet 2days ago. I am starving...it's not good, drank loads of water...and every advert in tv is about food! ?
Good luck everyone ?

Welcome chauntelle!

I moved your post here to the CD forum as it will get more attention here.

Well done on doing 2 days!

Hi chauntelle,

I'm on day 4 and the hungers starting to pass. I went to bed the first 2 nights with my tummy rumbling. I also took a selection of products and have had to force some down. I'm hoping it gets easier next week when I pick the products I like. Good luck x

Well done Marie! I'm day 5, so a few behind u... Hunger is starting to go, but I just want to put something in my mouth and chew!! I love the porridge...maybe because its the thickest and the rest are like water. I dipped my wee today...and it didn't turn purple :( but pink... I'm always slow at everything lol.
I hope you are doing well...not my normal bank holiday weekend...but will keep positive.good luck :) x

Hey guys im on day 5 too!! I had my official weigh in today (early due to bank holiday) and lost 7lbs!! Over the moon... all the hard work really does pay off. Cant wait for bars on week 2. Xx

Hi. I'm on day 7 so just a few days ahead of you girls. Lost 10 at my first weigh in yesterday. I have a lot if weight to loose tho. Around 8 stone but would be ecstatic with 6. Products are defo trial and error. I love the lemon bars and the oriental soup. Hated the porridge and not keen in the shakes. Got mix a mousse yesterday and and made chocolate mousse. Dunno if I was keen - wasn't sweet enough. Monica you can have the lemon bars from day one.

We can do this xx

Last edited:
I'm a veggie so can't have the mousse :( gutted. Im on SS and don't think can have bars till week 2.
Wow those are amazing results guys...I have my 1st meeting on thurs, 10days after starting as I delayed starting the plan due to hen party's...be rude to go to them sober...especially as I'm a bridesmaid. That's why I am doing this.
I have about 4 stone to loose, but I'm mainly wanting to get to a size 12, 16-18 now. I think if I was a size 10 I'd look ill.
I'm using a small spoon to eat and making things extra hot..so it takes me longer to eat...lil things like that I think are helping me. But I realise how much I used to pick at food and not think twice...like random biscuits on the side, swigs of milkshake, and oooh I miss diet coke lol.
Would b good to hear any tips you guys may have.
We can do it :) woohoo x

You can have the lemon bars from day one on SS Chauntelle because there lower in carbohydrates. You can't have the others just the lemon ones. They got me through my first few days :). I'm on ss too. I too am using a smaller spoon and actually eating the soup rather than drinking it. I'm also putting lots of ice in the blender when mixing the shakes. Your not missing anything with the mousse - maybe just the texture. That's good you've got a goal. Think gorgeous bridesmaid x

My counsellor told me I couldn't have them...hmmm I will get them on my next meeting and the water flavouring. Ice..ok I will try that, are you drinking much water? On 1st 2 days I was drinking 5l and headache was bad...found drinking a lol less helped with that.
Yeah have to think...getting in the dresses.
I am imagining the food I can eat when I am able to... Need to think about different things other than food lol
:) x

Yeah I just keep trying to tell myself I can eat what I want, I'm just choosing not to right now. It's hard tho eh. Am struggling with the water. Probably averaging 2 litres a day counting my black tea. Not so good, but no headaches apart from the first few days. Not hungry apart from the odd hunger pang mid afternoon which passes. But then I ate even when I wasn't hungry :(.

We will do this :) x

Yeah that's true, but now we are being good with food ;-) I'm doing ok with water, I carry a bottle everywhere...when I have food thoughts I have a swig, but I am finding my mouth is always dry... I forever using mouth freshener spray/mouth wash Just feels constantly like I haven't brushed teeth and I'm paranoid my breath smells. And it's a nice flavour apart from water haha. I can't wait until I can have the water flavourings...I tried sparkling/soda water and really didn't like them at all. When I can add flavouring to them maybe it will be like fanta (being optimistic)

Today is another day...and another day closer to us being at our target
:) :)
X

I'm also paranoid about my breath and carrying mouth freshner. Means were in ketosis. I never thought is adding water flavours to sparkly water. Good thinking :) defo going to get some at next weigh in now.

My daughter is currently munching her way through a family size bag of beef hula hoops. Could murder her for them but staying strong. Only 4 hours til my soup x

Yeah I just keep trying to tell myself I can eat what I want, I'm just choosing not to right now. It's hard tho eh. Am struggling with the water. Probably averaging 2 litres a day counting my black tea. Not so good, but no headaches apart from the first few days. Not hungry apart from the odd hunger pang mid afternoon which passes. But then I ate even when I wasn't hungry :(.

We will do this :) x

I just think of it as an investment for my health and future. and its only temporary. A temporary measure to be able to look and feel good!

week one- 17 1/2 pounds week two- 4 1/2 lbs week three- no weigh in week four- 11 lbs week 5- 5 1/2 lbs week 6- 4 lbs week 7- 1 lb week 8- 10 lbs week 9- 4.5 lbs week 10- 3.5 lbs week 11- 2 lbs

Marie my CDC told me I cant have any bars till week 2. Seems that CDC's all have different views on the lemon bars. X

Hi all, on day 6 SS and been 100% all week, to be honest finding it harder than i thought still thinking of food all the time, but onward and upwards as they say.

Also my CDC said no bars till week 3!!!

Good luck to all

Brian

Hi all, on day 6 SS and been 100% all week, to be honest finding it harder than i thought still thinking of food all the time, but onward and upwards as they say.

Also my CDC said no bars till week 3!!!

Good luck to all

Brian

Mine said the same and so does the book x

Mine sez its only the lemon ones you can have from week one because they r lower in carbohydrates than the other bars. And thank god she did cause I don't think I'd have coped on just fluids coz I hated the porridge.

Caz how do you keep up the positivity? I'm hoping to do SS for 12 weeks but only on day 8 and already, not struggling, so much as just wanting something. Tho having what I wanted when I wanted food wise has got me here. So onwards and hopefully, downwards x

I'm the same Marie, not hungry but just feels strange not "eating". Food was the answer to all my problems...if I felt weak..ate something sugary...if I had a headache..Cos I hadn't eaten. These were all lies I told myself but just ate cos I thought that's why I was feeling rough. And then I would feel guilty as an hour later I'd feel rough again. All the time I was probably dehydrated as I was a diet coke addict..and that's awful.
I can wait to have the water flavouring with sparkling water...how sad is it that I am looking forward to that!
Tonight I am going for my first night out, no alcohol will be a challenge, as I suffer with nerves (prob due to low self esteem as overweight) and I'm going to have to be tee-total. I'm driving so no giving in!
How has everyone else coped with social situations? I don't want to become a hermit...but I must admit I am scared :-/
Xx

Stay positive ladies you will do fine! Distraction distraction distraction. The weird feeling will stay likely the whole time (I'm starting week 11 Monday) it's hard but stick with it

Back