Cambridge for 3 days - kick start?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by SparklingFairy, 11 June 2010 Social URL.

1. SparklingFairy

SparklingFairy Full Member

I'm sure everyone will say this is a bad idea. I've done cambridge once, and could only stick to it for two weeks.

Since doing cambridge, I gained all the weight I lost back, but in the past couple of months I've been eating healthy and losing it the 'normal' way.

Well I fell off the wagon for a week because of my birthday. Lots of people have kick start detox type diets after falling off the wagon.. would cambridge be any good for 3 days? I have enough packs

Has anyone done this, then continued with a low calorie diet straight after?

Mini likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. SparklingFairy

SparklingFairy Full Member

I guess it must be a bad idea :(:(:(

4. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)
    Sounds like a good way of breaking the craving for carbs...when you go back to healthy eating reintroduce carbs slowly so that you don't awaken the carb monster.

Well done on losing weight on your healthy eating plan:happy096:

5. *Shanny*

*Shanny* Gold Member

I don't see why not?? what plan were you thinking of?

6. Fat2ThinGirl

Fat2ThinGirl Gonna get slim

Start Weight:
    29st4lb
    Current Weight:
    28st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    18st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(2.44%)
    Diet:
    The Cambridge Diet
    It's a good idea but you would have to introduce some kind of re-feeding as 3 days would prob get you into ketosis and introducing carbs soon after would result in weight gain (water) which might make you feel a bit downtrodden and trigger further binging. On the 4th-6th or so days you should eat only protein and green veg with any leftover packs as meal replacements and then you can then gradually introduce carbs a bit at a time in the following days. Hope this helps.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.