Cambridge-GP refused to sign HELP

BubbleBlush

Iam Loving It!! lol lol
Hi all,
Just joined, i need help. I decided to start the cambridge diet, my GP agreed to it, i got the form handed it in and now he is sayin no. I had depression 4-5years ago and he is sayin because of this he cant let me do it. To say am devastated is an understatement. Does anyone have any idea's. I cant believe this.
:cry::cry:
s
xxx

Could you start on a higher plan so you wont need docs to sign??
Or if your bmi is to high could you do a diff diet to bring down your bmi then start cd??
Sorry im not much help, hope you can find a way of doing it, best of luck hun.xx

One of my friends had to go to a private gp to get hers signed.

allo all,
fanks for replyin that is so sweet, dont feel so alone, really am at my wits end now. I said to gp would a dif doc agree he said no. I read somewhere bout someone refused and went to a private doc but i hav no idea how to do that. I have been lookin on ebay which i know everyone says dont buy from them, there seems to b sellers of CD from US, not sure though. Cant believe this has happened, i have bout 12 stone to lose so am now totally at a lose as wot to do.
:cry::confused:
S
xxx

I think the advice to start on a higher plan and work your way down to the SS program (once your BMI is low enough) is a great idea. You will still lose weight as it is still below the recommended calorie intake. Good Luck xx

Have you spoken to the counsellor who gave you the form in the first place? He/She may be able to help

Have just copied and pasted below from one of the stickys..............

If, for any reason, the GP will not sign the form the only programme you can follow is the 1200 cal one. If it is a BMI issue alone, you can then follow this plan down to BMI 40 then move on to SS or SS+ with the CDC just writing to inform the GP you have done this. If its a medical condition or medication issue you would not be allowed to go below 1200 cals even if your BMI was lower than 40.

So, no matter what, you can do the 1200 plan :)
Good luck :) & Don't despair :)

I think the advice to start on a higher plan and work your way down to the SS program (once your BMI is low enough) is a great idea. You will still lose weight as it is still below the recommended calorie intake. Good Luck xx

This is the best advice - presumably you need your GP to sign as your BMI is over 40?

To clarify if you have a medical condition that isn't contraindicated, on medication or have a BMI 40 or above you MUST go to the GP with your MRF before starting ANY of the programmes. This has not changed.

If, for any reason, the GP will not sign the form the only programme you can follow is the 1200 cal one. If it is a BMI issue alone, you can then follow this plan down to BMI 40 then move on to SS or SS+ with the CDC just writing to inform the GP you have done this. If its a medical condition or medication issue you would not be allowed to go below 1200 cals even if your BMI was lower than 40.

If you do not need to see GP for any of the above reasons if you choose to do SS only, the counsellor has to write to your GP this is different from above as it is a courtesy letter not one asking to confirm your medical details.

If you do not want the CDC to contact you GP the lowest you can do is SS+ which is 615 calories. If your BMI is over 40 you can do SS+ if GP okays it otherwise only 1200 cals.

Linda

fanks everyone, he said it is because i had depression that i cant go on it. I had depression 4-5 years ago, do not suffer from it just now, so am really upset bout this, i understand there is guidelines but that doesnt help me. Just dont know wot to do now. If i could lose weight the normal way then i would hav done so years ago. really felt this was my last hope, he also said to me well gastric band is an option, i really fot wot r u on.
DUMBFOUNDED
s
xxx

WHAT he would rather you have major surgery costing thousands than you pay for your own diet??!!, could you change docs hun ? dont think hes doing you any favours.xx good luck hunni.xx

You say that if you could lose it another way you would have by now. I used to say that and I flatly refused to pay for a slimming club as I didn't believe it would work for me. I joined SW because a friend had lost weight on it and I have never looked back. I have lost over 50lb (and I won't pretend it was an easy ride) and I am so much more healthier and fitter now than I have ever been.

Although your depression was a long time ago, CD (from what I gather) requires a certain mindset and a strict one at that! This is probably why he didn't sign the form. I know that doctors don't always get it right but there are guidelines and restrictions in place for a very good reason.

Why not try SlimFast? It's very similar but doesn't need a doctors approval. Or try a slimming club. Certain PCT's give out SW vouchers so you could try it for free to see if it's for you or not. There are always other options so please don't give up x

fanks, ano i COULDNT believe it, i told him it was 5 years ago i had depression he like iam sorry i cant sign it. I said so wot do i do, get gastric band n put myself in danger , b off work , for goodness sake it seems soooo silly to me, rules are rules i suppose. He also suggested dietian, i said, did it work the last time NO so why would it work this time lol, was cryin n everyfing. Fink it might b ebay for me. I really wanted to do it properly aswell. Cambridge seems like a perfect way to lose weight for me aswell. Fanks for everyones comments, its nice to know other ppl out there aswell.
S
xxx

Hiya again, I know you really want to do this but doing it yourself and buying it of ebay is very dangerous. You dont know whats in the packs your buying plus why should you pay well over the odds.
There has got to be someone that will sign that form for you, if my doctor didnt sign mine i would have left that surgery and gone to another. I wouldnt give up hun and def would not put yourself in dager by buying of ebay. I can understand how upset you are, give your cdc a ring and she might be able to chat to your doctor.

becky xxxxxxx

You have nothing to lose by going to see a different dr at that surgey as they may have a different opinion. Talk to the CDC that gave you the form first as they may have info you can take with you.

Dont give up.

i asked him bout other gp's in the practice and he said that they would say the same, so i guess am stuck with it. rules are made so i just need to deal with it. My mind set is of the way that THIS is the way i can lose weight that is wot hurts so much, i really am ready to do it, take away the choice of food for me, that is wot i need.

I have done SW n WW n Slim Fast done the lot, i need to break from food, that might sound strange to some but thats how i feel.
will just need to find a way lol.
S
xxx

It doesn't sound strange at all. Different things work for different people. There are loads of VLCD's out there, maybe there is one that the GP doesn't have to sign for?

Thats just the way I felt, I needed to take food away toatlly and start again, this is my last resort . hope you find a way hunni.xx

Back