Cambridge Newbie on SS+

katys

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself. I have never tried Cambridge before but I met my counsellor on Saturday and she decided to start me off on SS+ with meal. I can only stay on the diet for the next 3 weeks as I have an operation in May and then I am not allowed to resume the diet until 3 months after my op!

I was just wondering, do you think I would heal ok if I did say the 1200 cal plan after my op? I would really like to continue losing a bit of weight even if it's not much.

Today is my first day and I'm already v cold and hungry but i really want to stick with it, esp as its only 3 weeks!

Just wondering if anybody has any advice to a newbie? Also, should I be exercising or doesn't it really matter?

Thanks a lot!

Just wanted to say hi & good luck as nobody has responded to you yet.

I'm sure there'll be a CDC around later who can help with your query.

Hope the op is nothing serious.

Where abouts in West Sussex are you? x x

Don't need to exercise no. You will be too tired within the first few days anyway. Walking is fine, but not essential. Further into the diet some people like to do weights, but cardio is not so effective on a VLCD like Cambridge.

I would have thought that 1500 would be fine for post op, but would take advice from a doctor.

First day is hard, but that's because you're dropping calories massively and your tummy will be rumbling. Drinking lots of water helps and you can include tea and coffee in that. I find something warm in my stomach makes me feel more satisfied.

When I'm really struggling I have a mug of black coffee, followed by a hot choc mint shake (made up in a pint glass) and then glug a load of water :)

Makes you need the loo a lot, but also makes you feel so uncomfortably full that you don't want food. Works for me. Good luck with it!

Hi everyone thanks for all your replies. JustJools I'm near East Grinstead. Thanks for the advice Watergirl.

I'm on day 4 now, days 1 and 2 were awful I was sooo hungry but since yesterday my hunger has died down a lot but I'm still really cold and tired. I have been drinking at least 2.5l water a day and haven't cheated even though i was very tempted.

I just wanted to ask, when I return to CD after my op if I am say less than 1 stone away from my goal weight will I be allowed to go back Sole Source Plus?

thanks!

Great going. Well done.

Yes you'll still be able to do SS+. Most people stick to SS or SS+ till they reach goal & then start going back up the plans. x

once you reach bmi 25 you have to move up to the 810 plan

I'm a bit confused but I will ask my CDC when I see her. Also, I am planning on doing the CD 1200 plan for a week before and 3 months after my surgery. It is v important that the scar heals this time, would it be ok to do the 1200 plan or would i need more cals in order to heal properly?

Claire's right. BMI is the important factor that CDC's use to determine when to move you up the plans.

I just assumed that your goal weight would be the weight that makes your BMI 25 (as mine is).

Your CDC will be able to advise you better though. x x

I just wanted to ask, when I return to CD after my op if I am say less than 1 stone away from my goal weight will I be allowed to go back Sole Source Plus?

thanks!

No, you'll have to do 810, but don't worry about it. It's a great plan!

I'm a bit confused but I will ask my CDC when I see her. Also, I am planning on doing the CD 1200 plan for a week before and 3 months after my surgery. It is v important that the scar heals this time, would it be ok to do the 1200 plan or would i need more cals in order to heal properly?

Yeah, I'm afraid you wont be able to do any of the Cambridge plans, but you may be able to start again before the 3 months is up, assuming you feel well and your doctor is happy with this. It'll still need your consultant to run it past Gill the medical officer.

Then you'll be good to go :clap:

Back