Cambridge Question?

Hiya Julie

The weightloss would not be hugely different because even at 4 packs per day you would still be taking in less than 800 kcals so, therefore, still on a VLCD.

It is not unusual for some people to have the occasional 4 packs so have a word with your CDC as it maybe that you need to increase your water intake so that 3 packs on a regular basis is more suitable.

I had a client who was 5'2 and she was always hungry so I put her on the 790plan and that really seemed to work for her and she has now maintained her 4 stone loss for about 4 months.

Good luck, sweetie....:)

Thanks Diva ,my problem is tried 790 the meals got steadily bigger and bigger until they were more like 7900's :eek:

It's all or nothing with me which is something i need to get away from .
With the 3 packs (its all in my head i know !) I have 1 at breakfast time then try to save the 2 for the evening and so i get to the afternoon and i am starving but daren't eat the 2nd one in case i cheat in the evening lol i never get to the evening :eek: !!

I have to have them kind of througout the day because i take 3 pills that need to be taken with food so it all gets a bit of a pain really i figure if i try 4 it will take the pressure off i wont miss any tabs and then when i am in ketosis i will drop back to 3 and split one of them !!!
A masterplan i think you will agree :rolleyes: !!

Would i get into ketosis on four packs ????

Hey Mini just missed you i was posting on your thread lol!!!

Hi Kandy,

I do have an extra pack when I am feeling stressed and think I might need it.

For me it is better than attacking the nuts, as I am not tempted to have another pack but the nuts take over.

Writing down everything that goes into your mouth is a big help I have found, as I was not conscious of actually picking until I wrote everything down and that but the brakes on it and made me more aware.

Hi Diva,

had a client who was 5'2 and she was always hungry so I put her on the 790plan and that really seemed to work for her and she has now maintained her 4 stone loss for about 4 months.

Sorry, but did she lose her four stone on this plan or has maintained???

I am 5'3 and occasionally have 4 packs a day - Very occasionally even a 2nd bar (shock horror!!!!).
My weight loss has been steady and has averaged at the sotne a month that you'd expect.
Personally I would try to split your packs rather than upping them every day. Then if you really cant manage try 4 and see what happens.

Good luck and let us know how you do. :)

Hi Kandy,

I do have an extra pack when I am feeling stressed and think I might need it.

For me it is better than attacking the nuts, as I am not tempted to have another pack but the nuts take over.

Writing down everything that goes into your mouth is a big help I have found, as I was not conscious of actually picking until I wrote everything down and that but the brakes on it and made me more aware.

Hi Diva,

had a client who was 5'2 and she was always hungry so I put her on the 790plan and that really seemed to work for her and she has now maintained her 4 stone loss for about 4 months.

Sorry, but did she lose her four stone on this plan or has maintained???

She lost 4 stone on 790....and has kept it off since Easter as I still see her once a month as a "check-in"!

Hey Helen,
Well done on your weightloss !

I am looking to restart so the 4 packs is more about slipping into ketosis without getting to the end of the day then cheating if i have the option of another pack it may help like i said before its all in my head lol !!!!

Being pragmatic would say that although 3 packs is clearly the best way to lose weight if you can stick to the diet on 4 packs then it would be better to do that than to fail on 3 packs. (Does that make sense!)

M.

Or even maybe a stronger approach is to always have the 4th pack ready to rock and roll if required but if you can last the day on 3 packs even better, this would also obviously keep the cost down as well.

M.

Are 3 packs enough for the RDA of vitiamans etc? I only ask as planning on moving from LL to CD, and i know LL is 4 packs a day?

Confused?

Hi,

Three packs of CD are equivalent I believe to four packs of LL, there was a change earlier in the year.

However, men and women 5'8" or over need to have four packs of CD.

Linda

I'm 5' 4" (small as my 6' son often tells me!) and occasionally have the extra pack (or yes 2 bars!!!) if I feel I need it - or if I'm likely to binge on something i shouldn't.

Ideally you'd have 3 - as you can get an overdose of more vitamins/minerals etc than you need - but as an occasional NEED'S TO basis it's fine and better than a bag of chips!!!!

The point boofaloo made about splitting them is a good idea as well - and my daughter did that and I use to find half packets all round the kitchen!! She'd have 6 meals a day using 3 packs (although in her case she'd often use 6 packs and leave the half packs for me to use up!! - the benefits of having a mum who's also yr CDC!!!)

You could try to start with with 3 1/2 packs but allow yourself the other half if needed. I had 4 mugs of coffee today made using 1/2 pack of vanilla (for all 4). I'm absolutely full I can't believe it. Not sure whether its a one off or what?

You could aim to do 3 o 4 packs a day. See how it goes.

Dizzy x

Back