Cambridge VS Slim Fast

Nicola2006

Can someone please tell me - What the difference is between The Cambridge Diet and Slim Fast (Bear in mind I'm doing Canbridge and loving the results so not changing) - I just wanted to know because my MIL & SIL are both doing Slim Fast - If they do it SS will they lose just as much as me!!!!!

Cheers
Nicola xxx:confused:

You shouldn't actually do Slimfast in a SS fashion as it is not a nutrionally complete package, hence needing to have a meal each day. Also, doing Slimfast you don't have the advantage of ketosis for fat burning and hunger limitation. Hope that helps :)

I've tried the Slimfast diet and found this so hard to do. I had terrible headaches, was constantly hungry, plus the flavours are not all that great. So SS on SF I would not recommend even as a quick fix diet. SF though is not intended for that purpose, just as a replacement for two meals i believe and a main meal added. Would they consider CD? They benefits are so much better as they will soon see.

You shouldn't actually do Slimfast in a SS fashion as it is not a nutrionally complete package, hence needing to have a meal each day. Also, doing Slimfast you don't have the advantage of ketosis for fat burning and hunger limitation. Hope that helps :)

Exactly. You have to add a meal. No ketosis, so no benefit of reducing hunger and cravings.

Pretty hard to stick to on a long term basis and as the calories are more for the shakes and the added meal, weight loss is slower

I tried Slimfast once and was constantly starving - it's pretty high in carbs so you will feel hungry which means you need an awful lot of willpower to stick with it. And it all tastes pretty artificial anyway. VLCDs are much easier to do and you lose weight so much faster - which helps keep you motivated if you have a lot to lose. I can't imagine losing my weight at the rate of a pound or so per week whilst still feeling constantly deprived and hungry. Just not that strong!:eek:

BTW, you should count the calories in the healthy meal. It needs to be about 600 calories (just for dinner), which is more than a whole days worth of cambridge, but it's the only way you will get all the vits and nutrients you need

Also...Slim Fast has quite a high sugar/glucose content which is always topping up those glycogen levels....hence, the hunger as, like has been said before, there is no cushion of ketosis.

I saw a lady buying armfulls of the SF products today and I SO wanted to say to her... DONT DO IT... consider Cambridge instead. I didnt have the courage though!!

i am afraid even tho i am on CDSS i have to disagree when u say that the SF diet is harder to do because there is no ketosis i think you suffer exactly the same with either diet i also found that in my family we have gout and i find that SF diet does do flare it up in me like CD does

Back