*camogirl's* (hoping to get it right) food diary

*camogirl*

hiya....well after much reading through of other food diaries and being very very new to SW i thought i'd take the plunge and do my own, where hopefully anyone "that knows" can tell me if i'm going wrong anywhere, i really want to make this plan work, its such a healthy way to eat etc,but ultimately i want to lose weight :D so success is a MUST.......

this week seems to have gone to pot, combination of illness and totm, has led me to the cupboard over the weekend, bad i know, however, i am not writing off the whole week, so back to it today...try and salvage something before WI on Wednesday !!!! :D

Monday - EXTRA EASY

B- 1 egg, 2 egg whites, fry lited on 1 toast, 1tbsp of brown sauce (1 syn)

L- bowl of veggie soup (carrots,bns,leek and broth mix) tuna & sweetcorn salad with pickled onions and gherkins,grapes and 1 alpen light bar (3 syns)

D- chilli and rice - x.lean beef mince with the usual suspects, onion, mush,kidney beans etc......small bowl of salad

HEXA - 350ml skimmed milk
HEXB - 1 slice hovis wholemeal

thats it so far for today, i know i have only used 4 syns so far but i may have a little hot choccie later or something....thanks for reading, any advice/comments would be gratefully recieved...:D:D

Looks fine to me. With Easy Extra you should have a third superfree. Now some say that is over the whole day (I only go by what I read on here as I'm doing it from home and have no consultant) so if you spread it out and a third of your food is superfree that's fine. I like to have it with each meal if I can so some tomatos and mushrooms with the egg and toast but everyone does it differently.

I'd just take care that you do have that third superfree as part of your meal for portion control but everything else you have there is fine and you have a ton of superfree with your lunch and dinner so it all looks quite balanced to me.

I think it takes a week or two to get into the swing of it and to start to try new things and get into it. This Slimming Eats - Slimming World Recipes is Britmum's blog and it is an amazing source of inspiration to me and mostly Easy Extra like you are doing. Also I saw you ask about a lasagne recipe I think this months Slimming World magazine has a lasagne recipe in it. Do you want me to type it out for you?

I think you are doing great so far, just go with it and snack if you feel hungry. Oh and I had lots of advice to use my syns when I started too (I was a bit scared of them ;) ) so make sure you do. :)

Back