Campbells pasta and sauce/rice packs

mia_angel

Silver Member
Can someone please tell me the syns for Campbells pasta and sauce (cheese and brocolli) excluding butter and milk. Im using it to make a quiche :D

Also syns for Campbells chicken and sweetcorn savoury rice please.

Do people still make pasta & rice quiche? they taste lovely.

Thanks

Pasta n Sauce, Cheese & Broccoli, dried, made up as directed, 100g cooked 1 EE/Green

Oh sorry didnt see that one!

Savoury Rice, Chicken & Sweetcorn, dried, made up as directed, 120g pack 2 EE/Green

Don't forget this is made up as directed if you don't add the milk or butter to the pasta n sauce it would be lower for the whole pkt as this is quite high for 100 g made up.

Really wish campbells would put the nv as is not made up !!!

How much milk/butter do they tell you to add? This "made up as directed" stuff always bothers me as I think it pretty unlikely it would only be 1 syn *including* milk/butter, given that a tiny 10g butter sachet is 3.5 syns on its own... :confused:

Oh but how much does it weigh when its cooked? As that's syns *per 100g* cooked. Sorry for being a dumb ass but its not something I eat so I dont know.

But 100 g made up is only a small amout of the packet because the pasta absorbs so much liquid so 1 syn for 100g would actually be 400g cooked and then 4 syns !!

Ah I edited my other post as you were writing this, sorry! Still, doesn't seem that much for something including butter & milk. I guess the only way to work it out would be to remove the calories for however much butter & milk they suggest from the total syns, pain in the ass but I dont know any other way of doing it.

ok
so this is the info i have for a pkt of cheese leek and ham
per serving (2 servings per pkt ie half a pkt)which is 217g cooked so 60 g of dried product makes 217 g cooked

cal 267
protein 10.4
carbs 44.1
fat 4.8

this includes 140 ml of semi skimmed milk and 7 g butter

ok
so this is the info i have for a pkt of cheese leek and ham
per serving (2 servings per pkt ie half a pkt)which is 217g cooked so 60 g of dried product makes 217 g cooked

cal 267
protein 10.4
carbs 44.1
fat 4.8

this includes 140 ml of semi skimmed milk and 7 g butter

OK
140ml semi skimmed milk = 3 syns
7g butter = 2.5 syns

Calculating the Batchelors thing using pasta as free food for 217g cooked gives me:

3 Syns per package/portion on Extra Easy

Given that the SW database said 1 syn per 100g cooked that's pretty close (as they probably rounded the 1 down and the 3 up) BUT it cant possibly include the butter & milk can it?

I selected "pasta (dried), cooked" as the free thing, should I have picked a different one?

Jeez why cant they just tell you how much is in the actual frickin packet without all the other gumf :confused:

Ok now driving myself crazy with this and wish i had never started lol The whole pkt is 5 1/2 syns made up with milk if you use the milk from your allowance it is 2 1/2 syns as the amount of milk is approx 3 syns.(it says in fine print made up with milk but not butter.

That is cheese leek and ham.

chicken and mushrooms is 1 syn per pkt worked out in the same way (made up with water or milk form allowance)

Ok now driving myself crazy with this and wish i had never started lol The whole pkt is 5 1/2 syns made up with milk if you use the milk from your allowance it is 2 1/2 syns as the amount of milk is approx 3 syns.(it says in fine print made up with milk but not butter.

That is cheese leek and ham.

chicken and mushrooms is 1 syn per pkt worked out in the same way (made up with water or milk form allowance)

Success?! We have success? Fine print? Where what fine print? On the packet it says whatwhat?

Just remind me NEVER to use one, to SAVE MY SANITY! :sigh: :D

blimey what have i started lol , sorry for driving you girls mad!

I ony use the milk as a hea, or all water and no butter.

Thank you !

Campbell's made up as directed will include the milk but the butter/marg is optional.

Campbell's Pasta & Sauce - Broccoli and Cheese - 5syns on EE and Green.

However, skim milk is approx 63ml for 1 syn. I'm deducting 2 syns from the 5 as I'll make it up with water. So 3 syns over all for the whole pack.

Here's the list from Slimmingworld website:

Cheese & Broccoli EE-5, Red-25 Green-5
Cheese, Leek & Ham EE-5, Red-26.5, Green-5
Chicken & Mushroom EE-3.5, Red-25.5, Green-3.5
Tomato & Herb EE-free, Red-21, Green-Free

Rice: The below is for the whole packet made as directed

Savoury Rice, Chicken & Sweetcorn EE-2, Red-21, Green-2
Savoury Rice, Golden Vegetable EE-2.5, Red-22.5, Green-2.5
Savoury Rice, Mild Curry EE-1.5, Red-23, Green-1.5
Savoury Rice, Mushroom EE-2, Red-22, Green-2

Back