Camping + Dukan

Sander23

Chronic Recidivist
So, my family and I went camping over the weekend. It was a warm spring weekend so it sounded like fun. I packed up my pantry food and then forgot to take it with me. So went to a local grocery and was able to replace everything but the oat bran. I despaired at the thought that I would be hungry and tried and not be able to make it through the weekend, but gave it my best go. On the trip I had 2 PV and 1 PP day, so I think that worked in my favor. I didn't break down,a ctually felt quite good and much more nimble than normal, and had a good time. When I got home I jumped on the scale jsut to see if I'd gained a pound from eating too many vegetables and I had dropped 4.5 since my Friday weigh-in! I was shocked - the only thing I can attribute it to is that we walked a lot more than I normally do. But other than that, I had boneless pork chops for breakfast and dinner, steak for breakfast and dinner, chicked for lunch, and a couple of eggs each day. On my PV days I added in green salads, spinach, broccoli, celery, and tomatoes along with my butternut squash soup (which I had put in the cooler, so it wasn't in the forgotten food bag).

Well done on the loss in difficult circumstances. I'm sure the exercise didn't hurt.

Now that you're back, though, you know that pork chops aren't allowed, don't you?

No - I thought the lean boneless ones were - I bought them on purpose... I'll have to go look back at my book

Please do. Let us know on here if he's changed it in the English book, would you? (I speak from French book experience, and all pork is out!)

Here is the list of proteins in my book:
Steak: flank, sirloin, London broil
Beef tenderloin, filet mignon
Extra lean kosher beef hot dogs
Buffalo
Venison
Extra lean ham
Pork tenderloin, pork loin roast, lean center-cut pork chops
Reduced-fat bacon, soy bacon
Veal chops, Veal scaloppine
Chicken
Ostrick steak
Chicken liver
Turkey
Low-fat deli slices of chicken or turkey
Cornish hen
Nonfat turkey and chicken sausage
Wild duck
Quail
Rabbit
Arctic char
Catfish
Cod
Flounder
Grouper
Haddock
Halibut and smoked halibut
Herring
Mackerel
Mahi-mahi
Monkfish
Orange roughy
Perch
Red snapper
Salmon or smoked salmon
Sardines
Sea bass
Shark
Sole
Surimi
Swordfish
Tilapia
Trout
Tuna, fresh or canned in water
Clams
Crab
Crawfish, crayfish
Lobster
Mussels
Octopus
Oysters
Scallops
Shrimp
Squid
Chicken eggs
Fat-free cottage cheese
Fat-free cream cheese
Fat-free ricotta
Fat-free sour cream
Nonfat milk
Non-fat yogurt unsweetened or artificially sweetened (no fruit bits)
Tofu
Tempeh
Seitan
Soy food and veggie burgers* (limited types)

woo hoo another tweaked edition of the book to really confuse us... :confused::confused:

pathetic... I will throw a flour bomb at his window as I pass his office tomorrow... oh that's probably not allowed, make that a CORNflour bomb!

pathetic... I will throw a flour bomb at his window as I pass his office tomorrow... oh that's probably not allowed, make that a CORNflour bomb!

A very small cornflour bomb. You don't want to go over the tolerated limit. (Although I think that will probably end up being 1 tonne of cornflour allowed per second of every day before long. ;) )

Back