Camping food ideas

sunnyrae

Silver Member
Hello all. Im going camping next week and cant wait!! But im really nervous about what to cook i will have a stove and grill but no fridge so best off with tins and things that keep well all i can think of is tinned sardines on toast lol.

How about pasta n sauce? Or super noodles? They are easy to store, and all you need is water to make them :) yum yum! Xx

Although you have no fridge, what about taking a cooler back with some cooler blocks in. That way you could take things like, bacon, sausages (WW Premium Pork Sausages are half a Syn each), eggs. Baked beans and/or tins of chopped tomatoes. Take some onion, mushrooms and tomatoes with you and grill those - there you have the perfect Slimming World fry up. Don't forget the FryLight!

Pasta'n'Sauce, Fat Free SuperNoodles, MugShots - they all just require boiling water to be made, and a lot of them are free! You could easily make your own pasta and sauce though which would also be free and super yummy! Just boil some pasta. Whilst thats boiling fry off some peppers, onion and mushrooms in frylight. Add 1 tin of chopped tomatoes and garlic/chilli to taste. Serve over the cooked pasta. Voi la, as simple as that!

Check how many syns are in that tinned steak in gravy (Sainsburys is the best). It looks like dog food when you open the can but its lovely heated up with a tin of new potatoes and a tin of peas chucked in

Great ideas thank you I am usually quite creative with food but I am stuck for ideas lol. I have a couple of bottles of wine to keep me going for the week as well :)

pasta and pasata, onions, mushrooms, peppers, are all versitale and can be used in may different ways. eggs, beans, tins on beans a veg sausages ( 1syn)

Cook some noodles without a sachet then mix with stifry and have with some sweet chilli dipping sauce (2syns per tbsp)

Boiled egg sandwhich

Freeze meat begore you go and put in chiller box that way they defrost by the second day and still fresh

Keep cut up vedge like carrot sticks, cucumber, etc in chiller bag/box

Pasta n sauces, fright eggs, bacon,
Baked beans, use your healthy extra b on a bacters soup like in your book,

Cook chicken or beef stew up then freeze it until just before you go thrn you can warm it up on hob before you need it, same with a spaghetti bolognaise then cook pasta on hob when needed

Syn some fishgingers on grill think they are 2 syns each and have a sandwhich and then fruit

Take lits of variety of fruits

Buy frozen bags or pots of fruits sich as berries etc

Xx

We're off camping Bank Hol weekend too!

I've made a chilli and grated carrots and courgettes in to bump up the superfree - that's in the freezer ready to pop in the coolbox, so it will defrost and keep other things in the coolbox cold. I'm also going to make the cassoulet out of the hairy bikers diet book, freeze that and take it with is.

Last year I did a paella in the frying pan with prawns, chicken and chorizo (not sure of the syn value of that tho!). Also you can do a one pan breakfast with bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes and chopped up sausages (WW premium pork!), beat a couple eggs, pour that over, let it set then dish up. Yummy!

I usually make a bolognaise to take with me for the first night so i only have to re-heat the bolognaise & cook the pasta then relax with a glass of wine :)

Back