Camping this weekend - staying 100%

Ms R

I'm off tonight for the weekend camping up in Silverdale on a camp site overlooking Morecambe Bay. Going with friends who will cooking copious amounts of bacon in the morning which is going to be sooooooo hard for me so I plan to get up and go for a walk whilst they eat breakfast.

Tonight will be not too bad as by the time we've arrived after work, set up and settled down, the nights are drawing in earlier so it will be an early night me thinks then up for a walk around the site till breakfast is over then we've got a 5.5mile walk planned. Back to the pub for a pint or two of sparking water on the rocks (I really know how to live it up) and then back for the second test of willpower......the group barbeque!!!! I have no plans to avoid being around when this is going on so I just have to rely on sheer willpower.

Wish me luck friends, I shall report back on Sunday night.

good luck, I would have to take a break myself to go to that lol, but we will all travel our road in different ways, have a wonderful time, we camp as a family/friends/get together thing al year and we totally love it x

Best of luck Ms R! Hope you have a lovely weekend and stay strong. I find that I'm avoiding social situations as much as possible but that's not the right approach really, I should face my food addiction head on. Otherwise I'll end up skinny but friendless! Looking forward to hearing how you get on. SMcF

OMG that sounds like torture to me! I agree you do have to carry on with your life while you are on this diet and I can only hope that my willpower will be as strong as yours to even attempt something like this. Best of luck to you!

You can do it Ms R. It will be tough but after this you'll know for sure you can cope with anything!! Have a lovely time

I am going to my partners mothers house for the weekend as its his birthday and we are spending the whole day at Alton towers I have planned everything so I know when I will have my shakes and I have told them I am happy for them to carry on eating anything they want when I am there as now food doesn't bother me anymore. Maybe this is because I cook for my partner a few times and I work around hot food and sandwiches everyday. Looking forward to being slim and getting to my goal that this has spurred me to make sure I stick to this thoroughly and it's working. Although this week feels like it has even forever dragged a lot but still fighting on :)

Daniellebaby15 said:
I am going to my partners mothers house for the weekend as its his birthday and we are spending the whole day at Alton towers I have planned everything so I know when I will have my shakes and I have told them I am happy for them to carry on eating anything they want when I am there as now food doesn't bother me anymore. Maybe this is because I cook for my partner a few times and I work around hot food and sandwiches everyday. Looking forward to being slim and getting to my goal that this has spurred me to make sure I stick to this thoroughly and it's working. Although this week feels like it has even forever dragged a lot but still fighting on :)

Wow well done for being so strong and determined, that is a challenging day!

Wow well done for being so strong and determined, that is a challenging day!

Thank you , it is challenging, but it's all worth it in the end and that's what I keep telling myself. Looking forward to Monday to get weighed :)

Well I'm back.........and I did it!!!!! I stayed 100% all weekend but OMG e smell of juicy steaks on the barby on Friday night was both amazing and soooo nice to smell but e torture.....I could have eaten all of them never mind one!! This was then followed the the totally amazing smell of BACON on Saturday morning....boy that was harder than the night before. The not drinking was no problem whatsoever.

We went for a pretty difficult walk on Saturday. It was published in the guide as a 5.5 mile walk when in actual fact, according to my walking sat nav programme on my phone, we did 6.4 miles and it was very hilly so found it quite hard gong. But we did it and I must have burned off a good few calories so all good really.

This morning we had the bacon smells again but I was not bothered as much as yesterday. I think it could be because I was so relieved that I got through my first ever camping trip without any food or drink!

So it can be done, difficult situations can be endured whilst you stay 100%, it just takes planning, great friends who support you and bloody good willpower which we all have else we wouldn't be doing this diet so successfully....would we???

I'm so looking forward to my weigh in on Tuesday, I hope I'm not disappointed.

That's is fantastic! Here I am fretting about a few events coming up that are only a few hours long, and you lasted the whole weekend! Well done.

huge well done Mrs R, I broke Friday and wasnt even a planned social event lol, you are stronger than me by a mile, hope you really enjoyed your time away x

Thank you ladies, it wasn't easy but I did it wi the support of my wonderful OH and our friends we were camping with.

We bad a brilliant time, just e ultimate in chill out time. Next time we go (which will probaby be next year now) I will be having bacon butties and barby steaks and I will enjoy them all the more for being a skinny minnie! Lol

Well done you I had to sit in cafe earlier with my husband,little girl and my mother all having cake tea and fanta while I had my water just kept saying to myself nothing taste better then slim

Thats fantastic Ms R! Huge well done. I had to sit through my family having a roast chicken sunday lunch today, oohhh it was hard! I hope I can get to a point when other people eating and the lovely smells don't bother me.

I hope you are rewarded with a massive weight loss this week, especially after that walk!

Busy Mum.

Well done ms R - that was fantastic. I've just endured a family Sunday dinner and dessert but didn't even consider eating, I was a bit embarrassed telling my MIL but she was very supportive:)

Brilliant Mrs R I hope your very proud of yourself :) you deserve to be thin with that willpower. I've been following your thread over the weekend and delighted you made it. Roll on tues :)

Thank you, thank you, thank you Ladies it means so much. I can't lie, it really wasn't easy but I did it and I feel all the better for doing so. Roll on Tues indeed, I just hope that my efforts are reflected in the numbers on the scales.

well done Ms R sounds like your will power is amazing and i hope you have amazing results this week xx

Absolutely eleven out of ten for will power and determination ! Keep up the good work ! Hope you have fab results this week <3 xxx

Back