Can 70 syns really be spent as and when...

Thanks for all your responses. In answer to my sin allowance, I have approx 1 stone to lose therefore I think if I had all 15 it really would be a very slow process. Secondly I do not use ALL of my sins on alcohol, I use approx 30 on goodies and then probably the rest on alchohol spread out over Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I exercise 5-6 days a week so there are really no health implications.

hiya, just started slimming world, was wondering if i have 5 syns a day does that mean i can save 10 a day and have 70 for the weekend??
any advice would be appreciated.x

Yes, you can but as some of the other posters have said, be careful that it doesn't encourage you to binge. Ask yourself if you really need 70 syns for a weekend?

SW do say you can use your syns however you choose but I always think saving them up doesn't encourage the breaking of bad habits.

See how you get on hun!!

thanks. its just with three kiddies under three and a hubby who loves takeaway ifeel thats my little chill out at the weekend. And i feel in life a little treat now and then keeps you sane!! lol x

Ideally I would like to lose approx 1st therefore think that 10 sins a day is pretty much max if I want to see a loss of 1lb on a weekly basis. I was 10st 2 now 9st 10, I think anymore sins and my losses would slow. I think you have to adapt them to suit your circumstances.

i think (i'm not a con so i'm not sure) its becuase most free food is very low in calories so even if we ate loads we still might not be reaching the amount of calories we need for a day.
Very very unlikely unless you are not having balanced meals.

I give myself 105 syns a week, and normally use about 30 on
booze at the weekend. I can normally remember what i drank the night before so I do tend to put down the correct number of syns, although it averages about 30!

Its been working fine for me, I'd struggle without it to be honest! x

I thought I'd give the 'countdown from 70 Syns' a whirl this time around, and I have to say that so far, it's working out really well for me.

I know that I could have 105 Syns, but I like keeping it at 70 just so that if I occasionally go over my HEX A milk allowance a little bit, or my jacket potato is slightly bigger than my HEX B allowance allows (I do mostly red days), I don't have to get too worked up about it, LOL.

I'm not all that bothered about alcohol but I do like chocolate. :D And counting down the Syns in this way means that I can have a slightly bigger bar every few days rather than having a small bar every day.

:) It was very handy when I had PMT last week and was craving chocolate like mad!

Back