can any dr sign your med cert??

In theory any doctor can sign but on Cambridge it is recommended that the patients own GP signs as they have a clear picture of the patients previous clinical history on which to base the authority.

Mike

He should have a stamp if he is linked to a surgery??

I would check this as never had a doctor sign a form without a stamp so check with your LLC.

Mike

Hiya J,
Your practice nurse can sign your form, so long as it's stamped with the surgery stamp.

If you're on a lot of medication the form should ideally be signed by your GP, in case your medication needs to be reduced as your weight comes down... :D

Your Doctor friend can sign the form so long as their GMC number is included and they have an official stamp from their surgery or hospital...

Hope that helps. If in doubt, give your lighterlife counsellor a shout!!

Good luck and let us know how you get on

Last edited:
Yes unfortunately you do need the form stamped (or a nurse can sign with their PIN). I also have loads of medical friends and was hoping they could do it but no joy which resulting in a very traumatic GP visit and me only just getting my form done. Good news is for the monthly BP checks you can go to Lloyds pharmacy which is free though.

Back