1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Red Day Can anybody help me please?

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by sarahandmolly, 21 April 2009 Social URL.

1. sarahandmolly

sarahandmolly Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    Hi All,

I am planning having cod & chips tomorrow, can anybody help me with a recipe for 0 syn or very low syn tartare sauce I can make? :)

Thanks in advance

Sarah x
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Liannioso

Liannioso Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    calorie counting
    I found this recipe - you'd have to find out how many syns the oil and sour cream is or improvise:
    Ingredients (serves 8)

• 2 egg yolks, at room temperature
    • 1 tbs fresh lemon juice
    • 185ml (3/4 cup) light olive oil
    • 2 tbs sour cream
    • 1 tbs finely chopped gherkins
    • 2 tsp finely grated brown onion
    • 2 tsp finely chopped capers
    • 2 tsp finely chopped fresh continental parsley
    • 1 tsp fresh lemon juice, extra
    • Salt & freshly ground black pepper

1. Place the egg yolks and lemon juice in the bowl of a food processor and process for 30 seconds or until well combined. With the motor running, gradually add the oil in a thin steady stream until mixture is thick and pale. Transfer mayonnaise to a medium bowl.
    2. Add sour cream, gherkin, onion, capers, parsley and extra lemon juice to mayonnaise, and stir to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a serving bowl, cover with plastic wrap and store in the fridge until required.
    sarahandmolly likes this.
  4. julie19

julie19 Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    The SW recipe from the sauce book is syn free on green & original:

198g Very Low Fat Fromage Frais
    6 Gherkins finely chopped
    2 Tbsp capers, finely chopped
    small handful flat leaf parsley
    small handful freshly chopped dill
    Fresh lemon juice to taste
    salt & pepper

Place the fromage frais in a bowl with the gherkins, capers, parsley & dill. Stir well to combine.
    Add some lemon juice to taste, season with the salt & pepper, cover & chill until needed
    sarahandmolly likes this.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.