Can anyone advise how IBS will affect a weigh in>?

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by Samski, 12 October 2010 Social URL.

1. Samski

Samski Member

Slimming World
    I am trying to lose weight but suffer from IBS and do not pass waste regularly. Sometimes it may be as much as 3 weeks without so much as a rabbit poo! I am weighing myself weekly but i need to know how this constipation affects weigh ins. Not only is it very dejecting to see no loss it is also too easy to explain away a gain!!! If anyone can advise on this it'd be greatly appreciated!
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. st.angelo

st.angelo Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Lighterlite lite
    Hi Samski, I would advise speaking to your GP before embarking on any weight loss plan/diet.

My only suggestion based on my experience with lighterlife lite is that they strongly advise everyone to drink at least 2 litres of water a day to help prevent constipation.

I imagine this would apply to anyone on a diet as the saying goes, 'the more you drink, the more you shrink!". However, like any other medical condition it is always wise to check with your doctor.
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.