Can anyone help me guestimate ...

Tamsyn

how heavy my dad might be?

He's approx 5'11" and my mum said he's a size 5xl.

He's type 2 diabetic and having mobility problems. I want to help him see that he needs to lose weight and I'm there to support him. I've just reached target (4st4lb) for the 2nd time (before, then after pregnancy) and I'm sure he could do sw easily, but I just wondered what sort of weight he might be.

tia

Tamsyn

Hi Tamsyn.
When I started I was between 2-3xxl and that was just under 19stone! with a waist of 58" and a height of 5 foot 10 inches, I was T2 Diabetic & had mobility problems, now all gone, blood pressure as normal.
Show him Minimins forum.
Hope he takes the hint, I did after the 2nd stroke..........
Pete

Whereas my partner started 3xl at 6'2" with 46" jeans (but his tend to sit hips) and weighed 24st 6lb. So I'd say it's really hard to say.

Likewise, I'm 5'11" and started size 24/26 in jeans, at 24st 1lb. We both carry it oddly though.

(we've each lost a stone so far (3 weeks in) and clothes sizes have become transient, and jeans regularly fall down lol)

Impossible to say, I was almost 22 stone & a size 26 at the start, the person above me 2 stone heavier, similar height & same (if not smaller) jean size.

He's got to be over 20 stone surely though, maybe even 25?

how heavy my dad might be?

He's approx 5'11" and my mum said he's a size 5xl.

He's type 2 diabetic and having mobility problems. I want to help him see that he needs to lose weight and I'm there to support him. I've just reached target (4st4lb) for the 2nd time (before, then after pregnancy) and I'm sure he could do sw easily, but I just wondered what sort of weight he might be.

tia

Tamsyn

Very hard to guess but it sounds like he needs to lose weight whatever the specific weight is but it also is very hard to motivate people to lose weight until they are ready. I know its your Dad and I'm sure you are only doing it out of worry for his health but I would hate to think of people even my kids trying to guess my weight etc
I hope your Dad does find the motivation to lose some weight and improve his health for all your sakes. Does your mum do the cooking? Could she/would do sw type meals etc?

Sorry, have no idea how you could guestimate this, but I just wanted to give you a bit of advice.

My first time around, I was pushed into SW by other people who "encouraged" me to lose weight. I lost 1st, then quit and piled all but 4lb of it back on! What I'm trying to say is, if his heart isn't in it, he won't stick to it - no matter how hard you push him. It took me a while, but now I feel I am in the right place mentally, and am giving it everything I've got. I've lost almost 2stone since I rejoined, and I'm not ready to stop yet! I'm motivated this time because I'm doing it for me, not for everyone else.

Back