can anyone help me?

Discussion in 'Challenges - Weight Loss & Otherwise!' started by moonburst, 11 May 2008 Social URL.

1. moonburst

moonburst New Member

hi you dont know me but, i am a 14 year old boy and ever since i hit puberty at around 12 i have developed a pair of man boobs. i hate them, it is horribly embarresing having them and i want them gone. i have tried dieting, went to the gym for 8 months, personal training, cardio but none of these worked. and i was just wondeirng if anyone has any good advice for me?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)
    Hi moonburst,

:welcome:

The condition you have described is common enough in young boys...

The programme Embarrassing Illnesses covered this only the other week and it said that most young boys grow out of it.

Source: Channel 4, Embarrassing Illnesses, Health, Gynaecomastia, Conditions, Man Boobs, Breasts, from channel4.com/bodies

The best advice I would give is to go to your doctor and talk it over with him as I am sure your doctor wil put your mind at ease.

Love Mini xxx

4. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    I saw that too Mini.

Moonburst, as you are only 14 and still developing I wouldn't try to do anything about it yet as you will most likely grow out of them. Are you generally overweight? If not then you will probably lose them in your next growth spurt, if you are then losing weight may help a little but I would go see your doctor if it bothers you x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.