Can anyone help please???

hancox96

Hi there, I really want to start this diet,I have been on the slim and save website but I'm unsure of a few things! If I was to have the 7 day pack of 21 items,am I to order say 2 shakes and 1 of their meals? Or do I have 3 shakes and buy their meal too! Also the meals you buy from them ie shepherds pie do they keep you in ketosis?
im currently on the cambridge diet! But feeling down as really missing eating, so was thinking this would be good for me if you have 1 meal on this diet. I only have 3 shakes a day on cd,so thinking I would manage on the same,but would like a meal,so not sure whether I need to buy 2 shakes and a meal!!
I'm on week 3 of cd and was wondering if anyone knew if its ok to swop from 1 to the other,
sorry for all the waffle peeps but this could be the answer to my pprayers thanks x

You can either do four packs a day or three packs a day plus a protein meal!
Which ever you chose you can also have 200g of allowed veg (you get a list) plus 150mls of skimmed milk!
So if you went for the four packs a day...
You can have shakes soups meals to your hearts content so say 4 packs of spaghetti Bol aday if you like! The only thing that is limited is the bars due to the carbs you can have a max of 1 a day.
If you do three plus a meal the same applys and then for the protein meal you can have your veg and they give you a list of suitable protein such as chicken etc
Hope that help :)

Thanks for the reply, I'm just working it all out, it says for 21 items it £30! But if I need 3 packets plus a meal is that more? Or can you just buy 3 from them and make your own meal at home? X

You either have 3 a day and a meal at home with 100g of protein and 200g of certain veg. Or you just have 4 of their packs. Their packs, including the meals like cottage pie, can all be bought in the 3 a day order and keep you in ketosis. You can order enough for 4 a day or even 5 a day. You don't have to order the 21 pack selection.

The "meals" are not meals in as much as meat and two veg on a plate - they are reconstituted with water and are a little like babyfood. They are great and do really fill you up, but they are not meals like you would purchase from say, dietchef or rosemary conley solo slim. If you choose to have the 4 packs a day option - then you can have any combination of 4 of the packs - shakes, soups, bars, meals, with the one stipulation that only one of them is a bar. Same rule applies if you choose to have 3 packs plus your own meal (from the list of allowed protein and veg options listed).

Best way to try is to get a sample pack, then order what you like next time :)

It also explains everything quite clearly on the website. Might be worth reading through it all on there as well to they and help you get your head around it all.

Thanks so much everybody, I'm kind of getting there lol, I think coming from the cambridge diet to this one has done me!! I think it's the fact of actually eating something, so I didn't want to go and blow what I've already done by eating the wrong amounts, so if I start this would this be ok for my first week? 2 shakes, followed by their spag Bol and then say chicken breast and veg from allowance? It seems too much food lol x

Well it's no different to what you have on the Cambridge diet is it? Not if you follow the SS+ plan anyway. The difference is that S&S packs are slightly smaller so the calories are spread across 4 rather than the 3 you get on Cambridge. All work out the same though so don't worry :)

Thanks Caroline, much appreciated, I'm worried that I will knock myself out of ketosis with eating! And maybe not lose too well,
how are you finding the diet? I see you've just started, what times roughly do you have yours?

Why not try one of the starter packs? That's 28 packs for £30 inc delivery. That way you get to taste a good range and the leaflet in it explains everything, giving you chance to try it out?

Hi, that's a good idea! Do you know if the sample pack of 28 items are the normal size packe or are they smaller as it says they are 99p x

They're normal. It's just a cheaper price to give you the opportunity to try it.

Ahhh ok, Caroline how are you getting on Hun? Would love to know how you do yours and when, any advice would be fantastic! And thanks for everyone's replies. X

You can just go straight on to it. They're basically the same so it's fine.

I'd doing ok, nearly at the end of week 3. It doesn't rather what time you have your packs. Calories done have watches, you're ok :p just have them when you feel comfortable having them. I have breakfast, lunch and dinner and then a bar whenever I fancy it.

Hi i went straight from cambridge to slim and save and i didn't gain anything, i also missed 'chewing' and feeling like i was having a meal, and i found the cd soups and bars revolting, i much prefer s&s i am enjoying the packs and am still losing, i am losing slightly slower on this though but it's worth it for the variety in meals and better taste,price etc, also i lost a lot in first 2 weeks on cambridge but nearly everyone slows down after that anyway. You will probably get the same results, for less money and better tasting packs :) Good luck

Back