Total Solution Can anyone offer some advice?

spottydoris

Determined to succeed!
Hi everyone!

Not sure if anyone over here in Exanteland remembers me... I did the VLCD for a while last year, following 5 months or so on LL.

I started LL at 16.5 stone, finishing 5 months later at 11st 6lbs and immediately went back up to around 12st - 12.5 stone when I started 'eating', and hovered around this weight for a couple of years..

I then crept up to just over 13 stone during a tumultuous old relationship. At this point, being single, I did Exante and got back down to around 11st 9/10lbs... *love that it works*

I came off - got into a new relationship - went quickly back to 12.5 stone, and was balancing around this weight for most of the last year, but this summer the weight slowly crept up again to 13st 5ish so did Atkins to try and get it back in check - which started well, I got down to 12st 8.5lbs... but then gave up during a house move, and somehow have managed to plough almost a stone on in the last 4 weeks!!!

This morning I was 13st 7lbs. Just unacceptable for me.

I appreciate it's still no where near the weight I was, but I don't want to be 'that girl' again. I felt so good when I lost the weight before. The excitement of doing a VLCD and seeing the scales drop - the lack of hunger and the focus on 'life' not food, guilt and "scale fear". It is so free-ing, as I am sure you will all know.

I have ordered a month's supply of Exante which arrives tomorrow.

The advice I need is this:

This month is notoriously tricky for dieting, not least because it also includes my birthday - my 30th birthday to be precise.

I have a few things on, but I also really want to get started and get this weight shifted so I can start 2012 with more confidence and be able to get all shaped up and sexy in time for a big holiday my OH and I are going on in early March '12.

What do I do? When would you start?

The events I have coming up are:

2nd Dec: Christmas party (3 course dinner pre-ordered)
10th Dec: My 30th birthday - having party with friends
12th Dec: My team at work taking me out for birthday lunch
25th Dec: Christmas lunch

Don't really want to hold off until the new year because I may be even bigger by then, and I don't give myself much time to get myself ready in time for my holiday, but I can't really not eat at any of the above events...

Do you think I should just get started on Saturday and have the odd day/meal off? How will this affect my losses/brain?

I know in the past I would let cheats really mess with my head, and generally speaking if I ate something I would end up sabotaging myself.

I think I am in a good mindspace right now. My OH is supportive (not very pro VLCDs, but understands I need to get the weight off for my happiness and confidence) and I know I have tried other options that haven't worked for me.

Any advice would be great.

Spotty xx

I think through writing this I have made my decision... (now I see why diaries are so cathartic!) already by looking at those dates, I feel like I am making excuses. Sod it. I will go to my Christmas party on Friday, and start Exante on Saturday. I will then do the best I can at all the other things coming up and just be strong and if I eat a meal, then I will get straight back on the wagon. I have enough motivation for doing this that one or two meals are not going to ruin everything I am planning (mainly looking sexy as hell in a bikini when we go to Florida!)

So - I will be 'on board' from Saturday. We are going to an evening do (wedding) on Sat night, but I don't drink anyway so will just stick to the water :) Quite excited now. Eek!

SD x

Good luck! Well done for catching yourself and getting back into it - wish I had done the same, when I was about 18 I got down to 11.7 and loved it but like you I ended up in the 12's as soon as I stopped dieting and by 21 I was in the 13's and never got back under that! I wasted all my 20's being unhappy with how I looked and went from 14 stone to almost 17 stone and then back again on and on for 10 years!! Finally I can see I am going to do this and get where I want to be but I am aiming for 10.7 ish (my target is what I want to be when I start eating) so that I have the room to get used to eating again and I hope to be like you this time round and watch myself and the signs things are getting out of control! You should be really proud of yourself and I hope the christmas period doesn't cause you too many issues ;)

Back