Can anyone recommend a GREAT firming cream or gel ??

I got a 60ml bottle for £8 in TJs & that was enough to try it out. Yeah stab wound sounds dramatic doesn't it?! Its only about 2 inches wide & is just near my belly button so if I went down the surgery route at any point it'd go. A lasting reminder of my time in Liverpool! Only joking... it did happen then but I love Liverpool & would still be there if it wasn't for a new job. You can be in the wrong place at the wrong time in any place in the world!

i have a slendertone belt, yeah ive noticed a bit of a difference too, hubby uses it more than i do and he doesnt have as much flabby skin as he had when he first lost the 5 stone, i paid £50 for one at argos, well worth the money

I have found that pure vit E in oil form form any good health shop is better than bio oil. Although Bio oil is very good i found Vit E has worked better for me & only £4.50, my stretch marks have dramatically reduced in only 2 weeks & the skin texture is so much smoother.

The only problem is it is very thick & takes alot of massage, which in it's self is very good for the circulation! Good luck with whichever product you decide to try!!....xxx

I have found that pure vit E in oil form form any good health shop is better than bio oil. Although Bio oil is very good i found Vit E has worked better for me & only £4.50, my stretch marks have dramatically reduced in only 2 weeks & the skin texture is so much smoother.

The only problem is it is very thick & takes alot of massage, which in it's self is very good for the circulation! Good luck with whichever product you decide to try!!....xxx

oooh, me thinks I shall look out for that next time I'm out and about, and only £4.50 eh? How big a bottle is it for Mandi??

cheers, SJ xxx

Holland and Barret should sell the vit E oil, i used to work there (and loved it :D) and they had it back then. I dont know which one is better though, i am thinking of buying the small bottle for both and trying them on different areas. For example the Vit E oil on my stretch marks (thanks to FAs post :)) and bio oil on my acne scar pigmentations.

From what i can remember (from working at H&B and A level Biology, lol :D) is that Vit E is very good for protecting cell membranes and restoring damaged membranes. Its very good for dry skin, ulcers and burns. I cant remember much else. I sure do miss working at H&B though, lol :eek:

Its just trial and error with these things.

xx :)

Thanks everyone for a very useful thread. I have today stocked up on Bio Oil, Palmers Cocoa Butter and also Palmers Oil which you can add to your bath. So hopefully my skin will never have been more pampered.

Cheers
Georgie
x

Thanks for the info. maybe baby, (how ya doin)?x

I've been using my bio oil 2 - 3 times a day, I'm glad I got the 200ml bottle...it's going down quite fast.
I tell ya what...I didnt realise how many stretch marks I had until I had a good look around to apply the bio oil :mad:

shouldnt moan really, there are people out there with worse things than stretch marks.

I FOUND ME SOME TONING TABLES....YAY, I AM BOOKED IN FOR A FREE TRIAL ON TUESDAY NIGHT. there are 6 machines at 8 mins each...hope I like them...it's £25 unlimited use for a month.:D

Jacqui, do you recommed the slendertone? It's a bit pricy and I'm tight! So I'd buy it only if I knew it's actually gonna work. What sort of difference have you noticed by using it?

I've only just started using mine again, but I can't rate them highly enough. You become really toned and everything is where it should be if you get my drift. My bum has sagged somewhat since losing weight, but I know when I've used the slendertone daily for a month it will be really lifted. It worked last time and I had the comments to back it up:D

As it tones the muscles it does help with the loose skin, cellulite etc as the blood and lymph circulation are increased which feed and nourish the cells and helps with the removal of waste products.

Thanks for the info. maybe baby, (how ya doin)?x

I've been using my bio oil 2 - 3 times a day, I'm glad I got the 200ml bottle...it's going down quite fast.
I tell ya what...I didnt realise how many stretch marks I had until I had a good look around to apply the bio oil :mad:

shouldnt moan really, there are people out there with worse things than stretch marks.

I FOUND ME SOME TONING TABLES....YAY, I AM BOOKED IN FOR A FREE TRIAL ON TUESDAY NIGHT. there are 6 machines at 8 mins each...hope I like them...it's £25 unlimited use for a month.:D

Gald i could help sophia (i am well thank you , hope you are ok too :))

I think i might buy the medium sized bottle of bio oil, i have a lot of stretch marks too but i dont really mind too much ( just my acnes scars bother me :().

Way to go on finding them toning tables. Sounds like a bargain too, i think my gym offers them at that price.

They are fab machines, you will defo fel the difference in about 2 weeks.

Do they have the vibroplate machine there aswell. It is offered with toning tables at my gym ( when i say my gym, i mean the one i will be joining, lol) and its really good. 5 minutes on the machine is like 1 hour cardio in the gym. I cant wait to join up and start using them :)

I hope you enjoy your toning tables, soon you'll have arms like jennifer Aniston and the body of a goddess (well thats what i'm aiming for, lol, i wish hehe)

xx :)

I've only just started using mine again, but I can't rate them highly enough. You become really toned and everything is where it should be if you get my drift. My bum has sagged somewhat since losing weight, but I know when I've used the slendertone daily for a month it will be really lifted. It worked last time and I had the comments to back it up:D

As it tones the muscles it does help with the loose skin, cellulite etc as the blood and lymph circulation are increased which feed and nourish the cells and helps with the removal of waste products.

Can you use them if you get heart palpitations (sp??) :confused:

Cor I have just googled the vibroplate machine - WOWEE!!!!

I mentioned it to my OH and he said that alot of professional atheletes use this to supplement their regular training as it exercises and stimulates many deeper lying muscles that are not reached/affected by conventional exercise/work outs.

It looks really good - unfortunately my gym does not have one :( and it does not have toning tables either so double :(:(.

Just aswell I like swimming.

Just wanted to say I have just smothered myself in Palmers Cocoa Butter and how YUMMY does it smell. I smell good enough to eat...... which on reflection could be a problem!!! :D

Thanks for the tips!
Georgie x

Sophia jo
there is a site on here that does Bio oil and for large 200ml its 12:77 if your bring your order up to 19 pounds its free p&p the sites nutrisun.co.uk bottle 60 ml is 5:73 and bottle 125ml 9:57 . I know everyones going mad for it now lol so all get looking lol

Can you use them if you get heart palpitations (sp??) :confused:

OK, the bookley says to not use the machine if you have any of the following:-
pregnancy
allergy:confused:
pace maker/heart disorder (not sure if palpitations would be classed as a heart disorder?)
skin disease or disorders
diabetes
infections
epilepsy
sunburn

If you're not sure, then maybe you should check with a doctor first:)

Jacqui

Sophia jo
there is a site on here that does Bio oil and for large 200ml its 12:77 if your bring your order up to 19 pounds its free p&p the sites nutrisun.co.uk bottle 60 ml is 5:73 and bottle 125ml 9:57 . I know everyones going mad for it now lol so all get looking lol

cheers hun, i've just put the website add in my address book, will take a look :D thank you xxx

Hiya Jacqui, which slendertone do you have and where did you get it? There are so many available, do you have do buy a control for each of them??

Back