Can anyone recommend something to replace yogurts?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Loops25, 31 July 2009 Social URL.

1. Loops25

Loops25 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(6.25%)
    Hi all

I think my mom is allergic to yogurts. Everytime she eats one she has a funny turn. Goes very hot, shaky, dizzy. (she is 68 years so had all the flushes etc) :rolleyes:

Anyway she asked me what she can have to replace this? something free, but not fruit?

Any help would be really appreciated

xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Roz V

Roz V Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Has mum tried VLF fromage frais? Or quark with possibly a chocolate Options or 2 mixed in? The only thing is, if she really is ALLERGIC to yogurt, she is likely to be the same with other dairy products. How about a low sugar jelly?

4. craftylucyloo

craftylucyloo Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(4.3%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    The Hartleys low fat ready made jellys are half a syn each and I put a couple of small squirts of Anchor light aerosol cream on top (half a syn) so you have a nice treat for just a syn. Hope that helps a bit. The jellys are mango and cranberry and blackcurrant flavour and you can keep them in the cupboard.x

5. eye6769

eye6769 Vegetarian who lives2eat

Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    SW
    you could try the soya yogurts, not sure if they are free but are a nice alternative

6. charlottegrace1

charlottegrace1 Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    SW
    It could be that she allergic to something in the yogurt, as if she doesn't react to milk its not going to be the milk part of it. She could try organic first and see if she is any better, or try fromage frais. If she reacts to that too do a label comparison with yogurt and try and see if you can find the same ingredient in both.
    Does she react with natural yogurt or just fruit ones.

Good luck

7. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    If she can eat natural yoghurt without reacting then she could flavour it herself, and it would be easy enough to make. It may be the sweetener.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.