Can anyone recommend something to replace yogurts?

Loops25

Hi all

I think my mom is allergic to yogurts. Everytime she eats one she has a funny turn. Goes very hot, shaky, dizzy. (she is 68 years so had all the flushes etc) :rolleyes:

Anyway she asked me what she can have to replace this? something free, but not fruit?

Any help would be really appreciated

xx

Has mum tried VLF fromage frais? Or quark with possibly a chocolate Options or 2 mixed in? The only thing is, if she really is ALLERGIC to yogurt, she is likely to be the same with other dairy products. How about a low sugar jelly?

The Hartleys low fat ready made jellys are half a syn each and I put a couple of small squirts of Anchor light aerosol cream on top (half a syn) so you have a nice treat for just a syn. Hope that helps a bit. The jellys are mango and cranberry and blackcurrant flavour and you can keep them in the cupboard.x

Hi all

I think my mom is allergic to yogurts. Everytime she eats one she has a funny turn. Goes very hot, shaky, dizzy. (she is 68 years so had all the flushes etc) :rolleyes:

Anyway she asked me what she can have to replace this? something free, but not fruit?

Any help would be really appreciated

xx

It could be that she allergic to something in the yogurt, as if she doesn't react to milk its not going to be the milk part of it. She could try organic first and see if she is any better, or try fromage frais. If she reacts to that too do a label comparison with yogurt and try and see if you can find the same ingredient in both.
Does she react with natural yogurt or just fruit ones.

Good luck

If she can eat natural yoghurt without reacting then she could flavour it herself, and it would be easy enough to make. It may be the sweetener.

Back