can anyone show me please the type of food scales which are goode

richman14

the easiest one to weigh chicken ect.. i am cluless with this sort of stuff!!

any suggestions or links to buy some decent ones

I have weight watchers ones, they are great.

I think so but I'm sure you would find some good ones on eBay too

Yep!!

Hi -yes the food is weighed in grams, do you need me to post the list of the things you can eat along with the weights? :)

Sure, No probs....

Don't know what plan you are on, so will start from SS+ and move up....

SS+

120g of chicken or turkey breast without skin
190g of cod, or other white fish
250g of steamed tofu
200g of quorn
180g of tuna (in water)
225g of cottage cheese (reduced fat)

About TWO table spoons of any of the following;

Green salag leaves (rocket, lambs lettuce, watercress, raddiccio, little gem, romanie lettuce)
Clery, cucumber or red radishes
Courgettes or marrow
Broccoli, cauliflower or any cabbage, even picked!
Spinach , kale, turnip or taro tops?!
Asparagus, fennel or celeriac
Chinese leafy greens (pak choi, or chinese cabbage)

810 CAL

250g plain cottage cheese (5% fat)
325g cottage cheese (less than 2% fat)
175g of chicken or turkey breast without skin
275g of cod, or other white fish
275g of quorn or quorn mince
260g of tuna (in water)
190g fresh tuna steak
250g of cottage cheese (5% fat)

About THREE table spoons of any of the following;

Green salag leaves (rocket, lambs lettuce, watercress, raddiccio, little gem, romanie lettuce)
Clery, cucumber or red radishes
Courgettes or marrow
Broccoli, cauliflower or any cabbage, even picked!
Spinach , kale, turnip or taro tops?!
Asparagus, fennel or celeriac
Chinese leafy greens (pak choi, or chinese cabbage)
Mushrooms

I have salter digital scales which are brilliant. They measure in either grams or ounces and you can just put a plate or bowl on top of them (they are flat) and zero the scale so you can see what you are weighing iyswim!

with ss plus can have 2 shakes and a bar? and the food?

Well, I don't as the bars are higher in carbs and IF I have a dinner too I'm worried I'll be thrown out of ketosis. So if I were you I'd just stick to the dinner OR the bar.... not both.

If you like herbs and spices, these are fine to use on ss+ (my CDC confirmed this yesterday....) just to make the chicken or fish less bland.... :)

how long u been doing ss plus did you start just ss? I have been doing ss for 23 weeks now but im now ready to move up the steps now been too long without dinnerS!!!!

B..
i said I would help you come round one night and I will go through it all with you.. or go to the supermarket with you!!
x

You can't ask for more than that Richman :D:D - personal help from a brilliant newly qualified CDC .............. who also happens to be your SISTER:D. Wish she was my sister :cry:

ha ha thanks Mia.. Moving up the steps for me is more worrying then actually lossing the weight as putting it on is the biggest fear fater all the hard work

I just got some from ebay for £9.99 free postage. The website address for them direct (which are the same price) is www.xs-stock.co.uk

I ordered before 12 on one day and they were with me next day - pretty good!!

Think you just put items direct on top or in a bowl (zeroing it before you start putting things in) and away you go - weighs in individual grams and oz's

Hope this helps
xxx

ha ha thanks Mia.. Moving up the steps for me is more worrying then actually lossing the weight as putting it on is the biggest fear fater all the hard work

Yeah, I know how you feel. before I went on my hols I was advised by everyone to start eating as my BMI was near enough 25 etc. but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I was terrified in case I put weight on before the holiday. I ate when I was away, no problem coz I accepted I would put weight on, but I know the feeling of being frightened to eat. I think we all feel that at some point and it is one of the things we need to overcome. Good luck, I am sure you will be ok.

Back