Can anyone tell me what's happened to me period?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by nikki mc, 20 May 2008 Social URL.

1. nikki mc

nikki mc Member

Diet:
    cambridge
    Quick question, been doing sole source for the past 6 weeks, 1st period came no problem but i was due on saturday and am ultra regular and there is no sign of it ? Have most of the symptoms, tired EXTREMLY moody, head snapper offish. Did a pregnancy test yesterday and it isn't that either. Quite honestly it's doing my nut in. If anyone has any advise i'd be most grateful.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Penpen

Penpen Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I was due on my p's my first week on CD and it was delayed by 5 days!!! Talk about getting paranoid.... I did read that CD can cause some irregularities, I'm sure it will come in a few days :)

4. nikki mc

nikki mc Member

Diet:
    cambridge
    Thanks for replying, I feel seriously muderous so that tells me that it's just around the corner, my family have gone into hibernation while they wait for meltdown!

5. canireallydothis!!

canireallydothis!! Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge!
    CD is notorious for cocking things up big time Im afraid, you may be irregular for a while, it also makes you more fertile, be careful!!

6. Frejja

Frejja Silver Member

Hi Nikki

My first period came as usual too but after that they were all over the place and they are still a bit less predictable than they used to be and I finished last October! I think VLCDs are a bit of a body shock and it takes a while for your hormones to adjust...good luck!

7. nikki mc

nikki mc Member

Diet:
    cambridge
    i'm just too impatient I suppose, jesus though if i'm up the stick that'd be a turn up for the books!

8. yvonne85

yvonne85 need to be old goofy me

Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    my take on Atkins, will do it until i'm bored then go back onto WW methods.
    my TOTM is over a week late... and shows no signs of making an appearance. Definitely not pregnant... so can only assume it's CD's fault... :(

9. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    when the body is surviving on such a small amount of calories it prioritises the essential functions of the body and so this can knock out the cycle somewhat. My first cycle came on time in my first week, but the second was just less than a week late, and I have a feeling that the next one is going to be early because I feel like I am ovulating already things may change but its looking that way so far

10. LizDesigns

LizDesigns Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(10.46%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I've only just had my first period since starting CD, and i'm on my 7th week.

11. shazzy1970

shazzy1970 Full Member

my periods are a bit out of sync but i hope it reverts back to normal afterwards as i'm losing weight to start my next IVF cycle. Has anyone else noticed they don't get cramp anymore? I always used to get really bad cramp first 2 days but now i sail through my period without hardly a twinge - is it maybe the increaed water intake - i'm not complaining mind you!!

12. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Shazzy, I too have have much less cramps with period since starting CD, kept waiting for it to creep up on me but it comparatively speaking was a walk in the park.

This has happened to me before when I was ultra healthy with my diet and came off caffeine :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.