Can getting into ketosis take over a week ?

I used to think the darker it was the more fat I was burning, but that isn't the case....you are either in fat burning mode or not. The darker it is only means you are dehydrated not that you are burning more fat. I used to be obsessed with the ketostix...mine were always pink to trace (except first thing in the morning).....apparently that means I was doing it right...so thats good to know.

Thanks Shazpaz that has made me feel a lot better now. I kept thinking they had to be brown or something.

I started the diet on Monday... and swear I have never seen so many food adverts on tv....even the bread I threw out to the birds on Saturday is looking delicious!

I'm currently feeling really glum, head hurts, feel absolutely lifeless. It's 8.30pm and i'm already sitting under my blanket with my pyjamas on... but here's looking forward to my weigh-in on Monday!! xx

Well done Billyboo keep going. I'm similar, started on Sunday and am gagging for food but know it will get better. Just keep remembering the damage you do to yourself when your BMI is high [ 30 plus ].

I remember once reading that Gazza in his playing days would take a sleeping tablet [Nytol] at 9:00 pm to stop him eating and putting on weight. I can appreciate that now.

Last edited:
I wasn't showing any trace of ketones a couple of weeks ago even first thing in the morning. I hadn't cheated so couldn't understand it. I rang LT and was told the Ketostix only test for one type of ketones so I was still in ketosis even with the strip neutral! Weirdly I tested Sunday afternoon and was definitely in ketosis then!!!! I do drink plenty so put it down to that!

x

im so happy :bliss:
i tested about an hour ago, and lovely shade of pink came up!!! day 3 :D

on he downside... i now cant sleep :(

.x.

about day 5 for me, but felt pants for a good couple of weeks. it was worth it though!

Back